FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Tuition at UIS? Check our tuition rates.
- I have applied, how can I check my status? Students who have applied online can check your application status online.
- I have applied but need to start during a different semester than the one for which I applied, what do I need to do? Applicants can defer their application for admission to UIS if they wish to attend a different semester than the one for which they applied on their Application Status Page. Students need to submit the deferral form prior to the start of the term for which they applied in order to avoid reapplication. Students may defer their application for up to one year before it is necessary to reapply for admission.
- I would like to apply for admission, but need an application fee waiver. Application fees may be waived in certain cases. Fill out and submit the Application Fee Waiver Form to be considered.
- I applied online but did not pay the application fee at that time, how can I pay it now? You can pay your application fee at any time on your Application Status Page.
- I have been admitted, what do I do next? Please refer to your admission packet for next steps. If you do not have that yet or have misplaced it, go to I’m Admitted! What’s Next?
- I have accepted my offer to attend, what do I do next? Go to I’m Admitted! What’s Next?
- The application for admissions asks for a Criminal Disclosure statement — what is the process?
- I have been taking course as a Non-Degree Seeking Student but have reached my limit, what do I do to continue taking courses? You must fill out a Non-Degree Declaration Form to continue as a Non-Degree Seeking Student or you must apply for a degree program.
- I just have a few questions but don’t need a full visit, can I make an appointment to talk with an Admissions Counselor? Appointments and Individual Visits can be arranged by calling the Office of Admissions.
- I would like to have some information about admission to UIS sent to me, who do I contact? Request Information today.
- Can I learn more about faculty and staff responsibilities at UIS? Please visit the Academic Staff Handbook website
- What is the mailing address for the Office of Admissions?Office of Admissions
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza, MS UHB 1080
Springfield, Illinois 62703-5407
- What is the phone number for the Office of Admissions? Call us at 217-206-4847 or 888/977-4847.
- What are the hours for the Office of Admissions? We are open Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Contact the Admissions department at 217/206-4847 for more information about in-state and out-of-state residency requirements.
Faculty/Staff reporting requests are now handled by Information Technology Services. If you have a report request, please complete the request form found at Information Technology Services.