Important Dates & Deadlines
Click on the links provided to access applications and to sign up for events. Please be aware that dates and deadlines may be updated periodically. If you have questions, please call the UIS Admission Office at (217) 206-4847 to speak to an Admission Counselor.
- September 1: UIS application opens
- September 1 – November 1: Fill out UIS application
- October 1 - FAFSA application opens
- October 1 - UIS Foundation Scholarships Application opens
- October 1 – January 1: Fill out FAFSA application
- October 14 (Columbus Day) - First Discover UIS Day
- November 11 (Veterans Day) - Second Discover UIS Day
- November 15 - First-year Deadline
- December 15 - First-year Deadline
- December – January: Start focusing on scholarships. Research local community scholarships, high school scholarships, UIS scholarships. Start applying for UIS Institutional scholarships.
- January 15 - First-year, International First-year, and Transfer Deadline
- February 15 - UIS Foundation Scholarships Application Deadline
- February 15 - First-year Deadline
- March: Financial aid offer notification will be released. Reach out to your admission counselor for help with reviewing your financial aid letter.
- March 15 - First-year, Transfer Deadline
- First week of April - Admitted Student Events
- April 15 - First-year, International Deadline
- March – May 15: Sign up for Orientation, Housing, Classes, etc.
- May 15 - Transfer Deadline
- June 15 - Transfer Deadline
Apply for Housing by June 15, get assignment and roommate by July 10. If you apply for Housing after June 15, you'll know your roommate assignment by July 31.
Appeals Policy for First-Year Students
First-year applicants who have not been offered admission may, on the following grounds, appeal that decision.
- Updated test scores, transcripts, or other application materials as specified in the admission criteria for the First-year Applicants
- The student’s assertion that an error was made in the evaluation of credentials.
Students wishing to appeal their admission decision must submit a letter of appeal to the attention of the Director of Admission, chair of the Appeals Committee, detailing the reason they believe the decision should be overturned and providing any supporting documents. Students whose previous denial decision is overturned upon appeal may be subject to conditions placed upon their admission to UIS.