As part of the course design process you will need to think about how to handle any accessibility issues that students may encounter in a online environment. Some of the resources listed below should provide you with some concrete solutions.
- Accessibility Resources at UIS (including Accessible Syllabus Template)
- Accessibility in the Trenches: Specific Strategies from Real Courses
- Weekly Accessibility Tips from COLRS
- Overview of Accessibility Legal Considerations
- Creating Accessible Documents and Websites
- Creating Accessible Videos
- Screen Readers and Speech Recognition Tools
- Ten Principles for Enhancing Course Accessibility and Quality for All Students
UIS Accessibility Reports
Help with Accessibility
UIS faculty and staff may contact Dr. Vance Martin at email@example.com, the Campus Accessibility Specialist at COLRS, with questions about accessibility issues.