Accessibility at UIS
Why should educators be concerned with making their materials accessible?
What digital content needs to be accessible?
As part of the course design process you will need to think about how to handle any accessibility issues that students may encounter in a online environment. Some of the resources listed below should provide you with some concrete solutions.
- Accessibility Resources at UIS (including Accessible Syllabus Template)
- Accessibility in the Trenches: Specific Strategies from Real Courses
- Weekly Accessibility Tips from COLRS
- Overview of Accessibility Legal Considerations
- Creating Accessible Documents and Websites
- Creating Accessible Videos
- Screen Readers and Speech Recognition Tools
- Supporting Accessibility in a Remote Learning Environment
- Ten Principles for Enhancing Course Accessibility and Quality for All Students
UIS Accessibility Reports
Help with Accessibility
UIS faculty and staff may contact Dr. Vance Martin at email@example.com, the Campus Accessibility Specialist at COLRS, with questions about accessibility issues.