The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008 requires disclosure of policies that can affect students in colleges and universities. The following information is disclosed to you as a student at the University of Illinois at Springfield in compliance with this federal law. The University of Illinois at Springfield is committed to providing this important information to its students, prospective students, parents, faculty, staff and interested third parties. Consistent with this commitment, and pursuant to the University’s notice and reporting obligations under various laws, information concerning the following topics are indicated below.
General Information about the University
Accreditation, Approval and Federal Licensure Reporting Requirements of Institutions and Programs
- Accreditation Information
- Federal Licensure Reporting
- Student Location Determinations
- University of Illinois State Authorization
- University of Illinois State Authorization Licensing and Complaint Information
Copyright Infringement Policies
Cost of Attendance
Description of Academic Programs
Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
Federal Aid Repayment Policy
- Withdrawl & Refund Policy - Return of Title IV Federal Financial Aid
Instructional Facilities and Labs
Privacy of Student Records — Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Refund Policy (pdf)
Information About Student Financial Assistance
Federal Financial Aid Information
- Federal Student Aid Homepage Federal Student Aid is responsible for managing the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. These programs provide grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career school.
- College Scorecard College Scorecards make it easier for you to search for a college that is a good fit for you. You can use the College Scorecard to find out more about a college’s affordability and value so you can make more informed decisions about which college to attend.
- College Navigator Here you can search for and compare colleges on all sorts of criteria including costs, majors offered, size of school, campus safety, and graduation rates.
Institutional Code of Conduct for Educational Loans
Overview of Financial Aid Programs
Preferred Lender Lists and Arrangements
- UIS does not maintain a preferred lender list and has no arrangement with any private lender.
Satisfactory Academic Progress
- SAP Policy (pdf)
State Financial Aid Information
- State Grant Assistance The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) provides financial aid for college education through the many gift assistance programs that it administers. Gift assistance is awarded in the form of scholarships, grants, tuition waivers and loan repayment programs. As an approved participant in any of the gift assistance programs administered by ISAC, postsecondary institutions may receive funds on behalf of eligible students.
Students Rights and Responsibilities
- Guide to Financial Aid
- UIS courses are designed to fulfill the Interregional Guidelines for the Evaluation of Distance Education Standard 6 requirements for the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and the Council of Regional Accrediting Commissions (C-RAC) which states “Faculty responsible for delivering the online learning curricula and evaluating the students’ success in achieving the online learning goals are appropriately qualified and effectively supported.”
- Graduation and Retention Rates for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen
- Graduation and Retention Rates for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen: Pell Recipients
- Graduation and Retention Rates for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen: Subsidized Stafford Loan Recipients
- Graduation and Retention Rates for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen: Non Pell/Subsidized Stafford Loan Recipients
Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support (Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) Report)
Health and Safety
Campus Safety and Security
- The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act Report
- Emergency/Disaster Plans
- Vaccination/Immunization Policy