Office of Financial Assistance
Federal School Code: 009333
Financial Aid News
- Office of Financial Assistance Services
- As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the staff of the Office of Financial Assistance will be working remotely. We will still be available to assist our current and future students and families with college planning and financial aid.
- Out of an abundance of caution and in the interest of the health and well-being of the campus community, we ask that you contact our office via e-mail or by phone. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible.
- These changes will remain in effect until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding in these unprecedented times.
- 2021-2022 FAFSA Application is Now Open
- The time to apply for financial aid for Academic Year 2021-2022 (Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022) by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) began October 1, 2020. The Office of Financial Assistance encourages all UIS students to apply as early as possible to avoid missing any grant opportunities. Our Federal School Code is 009333.
- You will need information from your (and your parent’s if you are a dependent student for FAFSA purposes) 2019 federal tax return. When completing the income sections of the FAFSA, you are given the option to have this data retrieved directly from the IRS. UIS strongly encourages you to use this IRS Data Retrieval process which will automatically transfer your (and your parent’s) 2019 Federal Tax Return information into your FAFSA. The benefit of utilizing the IRS Data Retrieval process is that it minimizes the possibility of being selected by the federal processor for a process called verification which will require you to submit documentation to UIS before your financial aid can be disbursed. Follow the IRS Data Retrieval directions on the FAFSA to complete the income retrieval process.
- New for academic year 2021-2022: if you are an Illinois student receiving a Monetary Award Program (MAP) grant in academic year 2020-2021, and plan to attend college as an undergraduate student again in 2021-2022, you must file your 2021-2022 FAFSA by December 1, 2020 for priority access to the MAP grant. Not all students qualify for the MAP Grant, but completing your FAFSA before December 1 will give you the opportunity to at least be considered for the MAP Grant.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Financial Assistance at email@example.com or 217-206-6724 if you have any questions or need help completing your FAFSA.
- Starting for the Fall of 2020 UIS will no longer require a paper PLUS application form be completed and turned into the Office of Financial Assistance. Instead, parent and graduate borrowers will complete the PLUS Loan application online at studentaid.gov.
- Financial Aid Information and Deadlines
Find information about registering for classes, available scholarships, applying for federal, state, and institutional financial aid, registration and processing deadlines, disbursement dates, and E-Award letters.
- Aim High Scholarship Program
- Archived Financial Aid Information and Deadlines
Office of Financial Assistance
University of Illinois Springfield
One University Plaza, MS UHB 1015
Springfield, IL 62703-5407