|Unweighted GPA||Annual Scholarship Amount||Total Scholarship Amount (over 4 years)|
Students invited to apply, and admitted to the Capital Scholars Honors Program, will receive an additional $2,000 on top of the above amounts. Other scholarship opportunities are available.
Applying Your Scholarship
Get an estimate of your annual full-time (15 semester hours) tuition and fees. In the example below, 2020-2021 annual tuition & fees of $13,712.50 is used. Note, tuition & fees are set annually by the University of Illinois System Board of Trustees.
|Unweighted GPA||Annual Scholarship Amount||Tuition & Fee Estimate After Scholarship|
President’s Award Program (Illinois Residents Only)
UIS places great value on engaging a diverse student body. The President’s Award Program recognizes high achieving students from backgrounds that are historically underrepresented on University of Illinois campuses. To see the requirements for the award, please refer to the President’s Award Program website.
AIM HIGH Merit Scholarships for Transfer Students
The University of Illinois Springfield offers merit-based scholarships to new transfer students!
Requirements and Eligibility
(Must meet all eligibility requirements in your first semester of enrollment at UIS)
- Must have a qualifying cumulative grade point average
- Must have 30 transfer hours by entry to UIS
- Must be fully admitted and enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Must be enrolled in an on-campus program (online programs are not eligible)
- Students already holding a Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. students seeking a second Bachelor’s Degree) are not eligible
- Must have valid FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Assistance by the first day of classes
- Must have official final transcripts received by the Office of Admission by the start of classes
- Your admission application will serve as the scholarship application
- Renewable for up to two years with an institutional GPA of 3.0 or better
- 3.00 – 3.24 GPA will receive $1,500
- 3.25 – 3.49 GPA will receive $2,000
- 3.50 – 3.74 GPA will receive $2,500
- 3.75 – 4.00 GPA will receive $3,000
Amounts are based on full-time enrollment at UIS and are annual, to be split between the fall and spring semesters.
Scholarships will be awarded to students who meet the criteria based on their admission date until funds have been exhausted. Students admitted conditionally pending receipt of final transcripts due to in-progress courses at their community college will be considered for the scholarship, provided their final transcript arrives by the deadline and they still meet the eligibility criteria. The deadline for having final transcripts in for full admission is the start of classes. Awards will be disbursed through the Office of Financial Assistance and credited toward educational costs on the student’s account — half in the fall semester and the other half in the spring semester. This scholarship is renewable with an institutional cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships
Members of Phi Theta Kappa are encouraged to apply for the $2,500 Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship. The application and instructions can be found on the Financial Assistance Scholarships Page.
Out of State Grants
The University of Illinois Springfield offers merit-based grants to new out of state students!
UIS is always looking for qualified students from around the country. We frequently review our grant offerings to ensure we serve a geographically diverse population.
Grants will be awarded to students on a competitive basis until funds have been exhausted. Students already holding a Bachelor’s Degree (i.e. students seeking a second Bachelor’s Degree) are not eligible. Students admitted conditionally pending receipt of final transcripts due to in-progress courses at their community college will be considered for the scholarship provided final transcripts arrive by the start of the term and they still meet the eligibility criteria. Awards will be disbursed through the Office of Financial Assistance and credited toward educational costs on the student’s account — half in the fall semester and the other half in the spring semester.
International Student Awards
Merit awards are also available for undergraduate, campus international students (not considered for other awards). They are awarded upon admission and can be renewed for up to four years as long as the student maintains a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Exchange students are not eligible.
- 3.00 to 3.49 GPA will receive $2,000
- 3.50 to 3.74 GPA will receive $3,000
- 3.75 to 4.00 GPA will receive $4,000