Welcome Employer Partners!
To stay connected, post opportunities, and register for Career Events:
Login (or create) a UIS CareerConnect employer account (powered by Handshake). If you need assistance or support in getting started, please reach out to the Career Center team at email@example.com or by calling us at 217.206.6508.
To get started using UIS CareerConnect (Handshake) as an employer follow the steps below:
- Create an Employer User Account by following the outlined instructions
- Create your employer account
- When prompted to "Connect to Schools," please ensure that you connect with the University of Illinois Springfield.
Fall Semester/Annually in August
Foot in the Door Fair
The 2023 Foot in the Door Fair was held on Thursday, August 31, 2023. 40+ employers and over 350 students participated. Look for more information regarding the Fall 2024 event by early July of 2024.
The Foot in the Door Fair is intended to bring students and employers/organizations together at an informal fair setting to discuss a variety of career opportunities with a focus on part-time jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities.
The Foot in the Door Fair is sponsored by the Career Development Center, Internships and Prior Learning Services Office, Volunteer and Civic Engagement Center, Office of Financial Assistance – Student Employment, Office of Student Life and the Office of International Student Services.
Spring Semester/Annually in February or March
Career Connections Expo
Registration for the March 2024 Career Connections Expo is currently open and will remain open until we reach capacity, please save the date for Thursday, March 21, 2024. Find employer registration information here. Advanced employer registration is required as space is limited.
- To register (once registration opens) Log in or Create an Employer Account on UIS CareerConnect (powered by Handshake)
- Once logged in, on your home page, locate the Fairs section on your left side navigation menu. Once on the Fairs page, you can search for the event. Ensure it is the event hosted by University of Illinois Springfield.
- If you need assistance with registering, please call us at 217-206-6508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
The Career Connections Expo is hosted by the University of Illinois Springfield and Lincoln Land Community College.
The Career Connections Expo typically takes place each Spring on the UIS campus. It is a great way to connect students, alumni, and community job seekers with employers who are looking for candidates for jobs, internships, and future connections.