SkillsFirst: Create resumes and cover letter, mock interview & more
SkillsFirst: Sign-In Instructions
First Time to Sign-In:
- Go to SkillsFirst
- Choose "Students click here to join" or "Alumni click here to join"
- Complete information using your UIS email address
Established User Sign-In:
- Login to SkillsFirst
- Enter your UIS email address and unique password
- OptimalResume Users: Sign in with your current OptimalResume email and password and your resumes and letters will automatically be imported to SkillsFirst.
Why Use SkillsFirst
- Create a resume – Use targeted templates, view samples, and read helpful resources
- Draft cover letters – Use samples and templates to compose your application letters
- Practice Interviewing – Simulated interview tool with a coach and recording capabilities
- Produce a Pitch – Record a 30-60 second video introduction of yourself to send to employers or professional contacts
- Track Your Skills – Track skills learned in classes, jobs, internships, and extracurricular activities
- Build Your Portfolio – Upload documents, videos, and projects to share with potential employers
- Get Career Advice – Watch videos and get advice on various career topics. Take a short career assessment.