Welcome Transfer Students! The Career Development Center is delighted to help you have a smooth transition as a student here and to prepare you for graduation.
Step 1 – Start using our services, the earlier the better!
Transfer Student Career Checklist (PDF) – See what you can do each semester to prepare for your career.
Career Counseling – Meet privately with a licensed counselor to help you meet your career needs
GOALS Program – Career Planning Module (Where are you in the Career Development process?)
Career Pathfinder – See what you can do with a major in..?
Career Toolbox – All the tools you’ll need to get started on building your career, accessible 24/7!
UIS CareerConnect – Make appointments, search & apply for positions, and access the following:
SkillsFirst – Build up your resume & cover letter quickly from scratch and practice interviewing
Focus 2 Assessment – Complete assessments (work interests, personality, values, skills, leisure interests) and match up majors and careers.
Step 2 – Attend a Workshop or participate in as many of our events as you want:
View ALL of our current events
Step 3 – Become familiar with these Campus Resources that are specifically for you
- Overview of Transferring to UIS
- Merit Scholarships for Transfer Students
- Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Career Development Center located?
- Over on east side of campus in the Student Affairs Building, Suite 50 (SAB 50)
- Will my courses transfer to UIS?
- Degree Audits - Find UIS Transfer Equivalency Information
- When in doubt, make an appointment with your academic advisor
- What can I do now to prepare for graduate school? Graduate School Timelines
- What can a Career Counselor do for me? Career Counseling
- Take the career counseling quiz to see if Career Counseling is right for you!