Office of Advising Services, Information, and Support
Welcome to the Office of Advising Services, Information, and Support (OASIS)! We look forward to helping you navigate your academic journey at UIS.
You will work with professional, faculty, and peer advisors throughout your time at UIS. Advisors help you map your academic pathway based on your specific needs and interests. We will help you explore majors and understand your DARS report, the Advising Guides as well as the University’s General Education Requirements.
New students with fewer than 30 credit hours will be advised within OASIS, located in the Center for Academic Success. Transfer students with 30 or more credit hours but are still deciding on a major are also advised in OASIS. If you have successfully completed 30 or more credit hours and know your major, you are assigned to a College and/or Faculty Advisor .
If you have fewer than 30 credit hours, or you are still deciding on a major, you are assigned an advisor within OASIS based on your major and/or last name.
- If you are a Business major (ACC, BBA, ECO, MGT, MIS, SPM, or MKT) or a STARS student, your advisor is Dara Abina. Please email Dara at email@example.com.
- If you’re majoring in CSC or pursuing Nursing, your advisor is Lori Benedict. To schedule an appointment with Lori, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you’re a Science or Math major (BIO, CHE, CLS, EXR, ENS, or MAT), your advisor is Tarah Sweeting-Trotter. To schedule an appointment with Tarah, send an email to email@example.com.
- If you are not in one of the above listed majors, your advisor is Mae Noll. To schedule an appointment with Mae, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a student-athlete, your advisor is Nicole Hager. To schedule an appointment with Nicole, send an email to email@example.com.
College and Major Advisors
If you have successfully completed 30 or more credit hours, you are assigned to a College or Faculty Advisor within your major.
Hot off the Press: Find Your Advisor
We are piloting a handy new application to help you learn your advisor is and how to reach your advisor.
Students: Find the application here http://go.uis.edu/getadvisor Simply log in with your NetID and password. Your advisor(s) name and contact information will be displayed. Alternatively, students may access Find Your Advisor by going to the Academics tab in your portal. Go to http://my.uis.edu and sign in (upper right hand corner) and then go to the Academics tab.
Faculty and Staff: Find the application here http://go.uis.edu/getadvisor When you are in the application, go to the upper right hand corner and login with your NetID and password and then go to “Search Advisor By UIN” and type the student’s UIN.