Please provide the following information when making an appointment:
- Course and Section (MAT 115 A, ENG 101 H)*
- Assignment and Guidelines
- Length of Paper (if for writing)
- Style Guide (if for writing)
- Chapter/Section Number (if for other)
- When you are available for the appointment – list multiple times
*If you are a graduate or doctoral student seeking help with a thesis or dissertation, please let us know so that we can schedule you to meet with our Writing Specialists or Writing Coordinator.
Types of Appointments
Meet face-to-face with one of our tutors.
Email (for Writing)
Before your appointment, email your paper and assignment instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org. A tutor reviews your paper, makes comments and emails your paper back to you.
Online (for any subject)*
Before your appointment, email your paper and assignment instructions or chapter/problems/concepts you want to work on to email@example.com. You will receive instructions via email to access a virtual classroom for your appointment. A tutor will communicate with you via microphone, and you will be able to work on your paper through Desktop Sharing.
*Online appointments may be available for additional subjects. Contact The Learning Hub for more information.
Specific instructions about appointments:
- Prep Time: Bring or send your assignment instructions and assignment for the tutor’s “prep” time to BRK 460 or firstname.lastname@example.org so that the tutor can prepare for the appointment.
- Busy Periods: The Learning Hub gets very busy with appointments beginning with midterms until the end of the semester. If you know that you will need an appointment, it’s best to schedule the appointment as soon as possible. Try to avoid scheduling the appointment the same day the assignment is due. If we are too busy and can’t find a time to get you an appointment, please be patient with us and know that we are doing the best we can to help you in a timely manner with the resources we have.