International Student Employment
The Career Development Center (CDC) offers a wide variety of services and tools to assist International Students to work towards their career goals.
Career Prep Events for International Students
Career Suite - Fall 2023
Regular Days/Times: begin Tuesday, September 5th
|Days||In SAB 50||Zoom|
|Tuesday||2pm-3pm, central||3pm-4pm, central|
|Wednesday||2pm-3pm, central||3pm-4pm, central|
|Thursday||11am-12pm, central||12pm-1pm, central|
- In-Person: Career Center, Student Affairs Bldg (SAB) 50
- Zoom: Join us at https://go.uis.edu/CareerSuiteZoom
- Call-In: (217) 206-6508 or email email@example.com
- Get help writing a resume and/or cover letter
- Have your resume, cover letter critiqued
- Learn how to navigate CareerConnect and online systems
- Find helpful career-building resources and tools
- And much more!
Go to Career Suite for more details.
Resume Resources and Services
Getting Your Resume Started
- Watch the 2 recorded workshops about building your resume
- How to Write a U.S. Resume (Recorded Webinar)
- Transitioning Your International CV to U.S. Resume (Camtasia)
- Review the content and tools located on CDC’s Resume Webpage
- Use SkillsFirst, our online resume building system
- Use your UIS Email Address when creating your account
- View the Resume CareerSpot Videos to get professional resume information.
- Utilize our Career Suite Drop-In/Call-In service.
Work Options: Information About Work Eligibility
- Office of International Student Services (OISS) will advise you about your work/intern eligibility
- Review the F-1 Employment Guidelines provided by the OISS
- On-campus jobs are handled by Student Employment housed in Financial Assistance
- Undergraduate Students can only apply for Undergraduate Level Student Employment positions
- Graduate Students can only apply for Grad Hourly Student Employment positions.
- Learn more about the steps and requirements.