Welcome to UIS Testing Services
The office is open to In Person Testing.
We will continue to offer remote testing using Zoom. You will need a laptop with webcam to test remotely. Chromebooks and phones will not be allowed.
Please see the hours listed below.
You must make an appointment to take a test.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a test appointment.
Located in the Human Resources Building (HRB) Room 112, Testing Services is available for placement testing and exam proctoring.
With 30 state of the art testing stations, Testing Services is available to proctor make-up exams, exam re-takes, online student exams, and certification exams. In addition, Testing Services is available for Math and Reading/English placement testing.
We are here to serve you.
To schedule an exam
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: 217-206-8114 (Email is the preferred way to communicate as our time in the office is more limited)
PHOTO ID: You must present a current photo ID (UIS icard, state issued driver’s license, state issued ID, FOID card, or passport) to be allowed to test.
Fall 2021 Hours
|DAY||In Person Testing Hours|
|Monday||10:00-2:00 p.m.||3:00-7:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10:00-2:00 p.m.||4:00-7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:00-1:30 p.m.||2:00-7:00 p.m.|
We also offer remote testing, by appointment–mornings, afternoons, and some evenings. Please email to set up your Zoom appointment if that is preferable for you.
Tips for Using Testing Services
- You are required to email or call to make an appointment.
- Please do not make a special trip to campus without having an appointment scheduled.
Photo ID: You must present a current photo ID (UIS iCard, state issued driver’s license, state issued ID, FOID card, military ID, or passport) to be allowed to test.
Cost to take an exam: If you are a UIS student, there is no charge.
If you are a student at another institution, there is a $15 fee, payable online or in cash, by personal check, or money order. (If you are paying cash, please bring the exact amount as we do not keep cash for change in the office.) For online payment go to: pay the fee now.
Academic Integrity Agreement
When taking any type of exam at UIS Testing Services, you agree to the following:
- Respect other exam takers’ needs for quiet and concentration;
- Leave unneeded clothing and other items in coordinator’s office while testing;
- Leave electronic devices in coordinator’s office, including, but not limited to: cell phone, smart watch, computer, or laptop;
- Only use notes, textbooks, scratch paper, Internet, or calculators when allowed by your course instructor;
- Refrain from academic dishonesty before, during, and after testing; and,
- Follow all instructions given to you by Testing Services staff.
Please return this form to arrange proctoring for your online student exams and make-up exams.
Testing Services offers Accuplacer for placement testing.