Preview U is an opportunity for prospective freshman, transfer, graduate and online students to interact with admission and other UIS staff/faculty, sit in on an overview of the university and admission, collect reference materials, and get questions answered. RSVPs are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome.
- April 27
- UIS Welcome
- ACT and (FREE) Admissions Test Prep, George Schlott, Senior Account Executive, Illinois-Indiana-Michigan State Lead, ACT Client Relations Accounts Management
- Transfer Student Tips: Transferology, the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI), iTransfer, Dena Lawrence, Project Coordinator, MyCredits Transfer
- Concurrent Panels
- Prospective students: Current students – hear from our Stars!
- Parents & guests: Financial Aid and Student Affairs Panel
- Academic & Student Service Information Fair – pick up info, chat with professors, learn how UIS helps students to be successful and how students get involved.
- Housing Scholarship Drawing
- Campus Tour
The program starts at 10:00 a.m. and concludes at 2:30 p.m.
Admission After 5
On-campus: University Hall, Room 1031, One University Plaza, Springfield IL 62703-5407 @ 5:30 pm
- April 17 – 5:30 pm
- June 10 – 5:30 pm
- August 14- 5:30 pm
Off-campus: Downtown Springfield at The Villas, 300 E Madison St, Springfield IL 62701 @ 5:30 pm
- May 7 – 5:30 pm
- July 11 – 5:30 pm
Preview UIS Online
Log on and learn! Join us from home or during your lunch hour.
- May 15 (noon)
- June 19 (6 p.m.)
- July 17 (noon)
What if I Can’t Make Any of the Dates?
UIS on the Road
Check where we will be traveling to see if we will be at your school or in your area. Sign up to let our counselor know that you will be stopping by to see them.
Group Vists to Campus
We are happy to make arrangements for groups of various sizes to visit our campus. Group visits are available on Fridays. During your visit you can meet with an Admissions Counselor, tour campus, get information from Financial Assistance, and more. Call our office to arrange for a group visit to UIS tailored to your group’s needs. Call us toll-free at 888-977-4847 or email us and allow at least two weeks notice for arrangements to be made.