Please see the following University of Illinois and UIS Campus policies.
- UIS has a COVID-19 information website! Visit https://www.uis.edu/covid-19/ to learn more.
- Information on COVID-19 Related Absences for Faculty and Staff
Protection of Minors
- Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act FAQs
- Prohibition of Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Misconduct
- University of Illinois Springfield Security Sensitive and or Critical Position for all Employees
- UI Background Check Policy (updated January 12, 2016)
- UIS Background Check Procedures Supplement (Rev 14-JAN-19) (pdf)
- Pre Employment Drug Screening (pdf) UPDATED 07/19
- Pre employment Physical Agility and Lifting (pdf) UPDATED 07/19
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, record keeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in Federal, State, and local governments.
In September 2019, the Department of Labor (DOL) issued revised regulations for exemption from FLSA. The revised rule is effective January 1, 2020. Additional Resources are available on the University of Illinois System Human Resources website.
If you have questions, please contact UIS HR.
- UIS campus- Office of Human Resources (217) 206-6652
Business policy updates
- Reporting Fraud or Misconduct, Whistleblower Protection, and Investigation
- Restrictions on Gifts to Employees
Administrative policies and rules
- UIS Academic Staff Handbook
- University of Illinois Policy and Rules – Nonacademic
- State University Civil Service System Statute and Rules
UIS campus policies
- Human Rights/Affirmative Action Policy
- Alternate Compensation Policy Rev 9 2018 (pdf)
- Campus Safety Policy
- Campus Violence Prevention Plan (pdf)
- Essential Services
- Inclement Weather (pdf)
- Liberal Leave
- Positive Time Reporting Policy (pdf)
- Release Time (pdf)
- Sexual Harassment
- UIS Tobacco-, Vape- and Cannabis-Free Campus Policy