The University of Illinois Springfield offers a wide variety of benefits for faculty and staff.
Employees can choose from a number of competitive health insurance plans, a dental plan, flexible spending plans, several types of term life insurance, long term disability insurance, supplemental investment programs and additional optional offerings. Employees and their children may also be eligible for tuition waivers.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, UIS provides sick time, shared benefits leave, vacation time, floating holidays, several paid holidays and other opportunities to take time away from work when necessary.
Employees are also protected by a university-funded workers’ compensation program.
UIS Benefit & Leave Resources
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Investment Accounts
- Supplemental Long Term Disability Insurance
- State Universities Retirement System (SURS)
- Benefit Programs & Change your Benefits
Other Benefits & Discounts
- Employee Discounts - Learn the many uses and area discounts from phones to pizza your ID card offers.
- Employee Non-Monetary Benefits
- Know Your U
- Tuition Waivers
- QuitLine Referral Form -American Lung Association
University Payroll and Benefits (UPB)
One University Plaza, BSB 85
Springfield, IL 62703
- Holiday Calendar FY23
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Terminal Vacation & Benefits
- System HR Leave Overview
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Victims Economic Security and Safety Leave (VESSA)
- Military Leave
- Leave of Absence
- Shared Benefits Program
UIS Leave contact
- Office of Human Resources
University Family Medical Leave
Family Medical Leave for Registered Same Sex Domestic Partners
In 2007, the University of Illinois adopted University Family Medical Leave (UFML), which extends FMLA-like leave benefits to employees for the care of a registered same-sex domestic partner. The UFML policy and associated documents have recently been updated to reflect the regulatory changes to FMLA. Information on UFML leave is now available in NESSIE and the UHR website. Employees can find information on UFML in the Leave section and on the Domestic partner page of NESSIE. Departments/units can find guidance on processing UFML leave, including job aids and FAQs, through the Leave section of the UHR web site. Questions about this leave policy may be directed to the Office of Human Resources.