Annual Evaluations begin April 1, 2023
The form for the annual evaluations this year is slightly different than previous years. Employees will NOT initiate their own self-evaluations. When the supervisor begins the form, they will have the option to assign a self-evaluation to the employee. If this option is chosen, the employee will get an email to start the form.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email Kenzie Westlake at email@example.com.
Human Resources is pleased to present an updated electronic version of the Annual Performance Evaluation for Civil Service and Academic Professional employees to be used as of April 1, 2023. While the structure, categories and rankings should all look familiar, we made updates to the language in some categories and implemented a save function based on feedback from the campus community.
The evaluation period is from April 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023. Evaluations must be submitted to Human Resources no later than close of business, Friday June 2, 2023.
Annual performance evaluations are an essential tool for fostering employee growth and development, and we are hopeful that this updated version will enhance the evaluation process. Human Resources highly recommends the following best practices to facilitate the evaluation process:
- Supervisors should direct each employee to fill out the self-evaluation form before the annual evaluation form is completed. Self- evaluation forms provide an employee the opportunity to reflect on and document their own performance and can be a productive way to begin the evaluation process. Self-evaluation forms are not required to be submitted to Human Resources, but should be carefully reviewed and considered by the supervisor. The self-evaluation can be assigned to the employee by the supervisor at the beginning of the evaluation form.
- After the self-evaluation form has been completed by the employee and reviewed by the supervisor, the supervisor will log in to complete the official annual evaluation. The form will then route to the employee for review and signature.
- Supervisors should schedule an in-person or virtual meeting with each employee prior to finalizing the annual evaluation. This meeting can be used to discuss the content of the employee’s self-evaluation and the supervisor’s assessment of the employee’s performance. This meeting can also be used to provide mentoring and guidance, constructive feedback, and to discuss potential goals for the upcoming year.
The Annual Performance Evaluation cycle is an excellent time to review employee responsibilities and ensure the accuracy of all employee job descriptions. Human Resources will not be collecting job descriptions with the annual evaluation this year, since this was done through JDXpert last November. If you need to make changes to an existing job description please contact your Division Liaison.
If you have questions about the annual evaluation form or process, please see the Frequently Asked Questions below. Human Resources will also be offering training sessions as noted below. For additional questions, please contact Kenzie Westlake at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms for Employees & Supervisors:
- Annual Evaluation Form and Self Evaluation Form
- 6 Month Probationary Employee Evaluation (3 and 6 month form)
- 12 Month Probationary Employee Evaluation (6 and 12 month form)
2023 Training Sessions
To answer questions about the updated electronic form and/or the evaluation process, Human Resources will conduct the following training sessions:
Annual Evaluation Session: All-campus virtual event to discuss new format and answer questions from supervisors and employees. April 14, 2023, 2:00-3:00pm.
Watch the Annual Evaluation Training Session (recorded from Zoom)
Supervisory Training: Annual Evaluation training for supervisors: May 11, 2023, 11:30AM-12:30PM.