Annual Evaluations begin April 1, 2022
Human Resources is pleased to present an updated version of the Annual Performance Evaluation for Civil Service and Academic Professional employees to be used as of April 1, 2022. In addition to updated categories, the new evaluation tool includes a numerical ranking system, which will allow for a more nuanced overall assessment of employee performance.
The evaluation period is from April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022. Evaluations must be submitted to Human Resources no later than close of business, Friday June 3, 2022.
Annual performance evaluations are an essential tool for fostering employee growth and development, and we are hopeful that this updated version will enhance the evaluation process. Human Resources highly recommends the following best practices to facilitate the evaluation process:
- Supervisors should direct each employee to fill out the self-evaluation form before the annual evaluation form is completed. Self- evaluation forms provide an employee the opportunity to reflect on and document their own performance and can be a productive way to begin the evaluation process. Self-evaluation forms are not required to be submitted to Human Resources, but should be carefully reviewed and considered by the supervisor. The self-evaluation can be accessed electronically through the same link as the electronic form below by choosing “Employee Self Evaluation” at the top of the form.
- After the self-evaluation form has been completed by the employee and reviewed by the supervisor, the supervisor should initiate the annual evaluation by clicking on the electronic form, choosing “Official Annual Evaluation” and filling out the form. The form will then route to the employee for review and signature.
- Supervisors should schedule an in-person or virtual meeting with each employee prior to finalizing the annual evaluation. This meeting can be used to discuss the content of the employee’s self-evaluation and the supervisor’s assessment of the employee’s performance. This meeting can also be used to provide mentoring and guidance, constructive feedback, and to discuss potential goals for the upcoming year.
The Annual Performance Evaluation cycle is an excellent time to review employee responsibilities and ensure the accuracy of all employee job descriptions. Human Resources will not be collecting job descriptions with the annual evaluation this year as we are waiting for the release of JDXpert, a new software program for the collection and maintenance of job descriptions. More information on JDXpert will be sent to supervisors when available. Until then, please create a draft of any necessary changes to job duties and review with the employee during the annual evaluation process.
If you have questions about the annual evaluation form or process, please see the Frequently Asked Questions below. For additional questions, please contact Kenzie Westlake at email@example.com
Forms for Employees & Supervisors:
- Annual Evaluation Form and Self Evaluation Form
- 6 Month Probationary Employee Evaluation 2021 (3 and 6 month form)
- 12 Month Probationary Employee Evaluation 2021 (6 and 12 month form)
2022 Training Sessions
To answer questions about the new form and/or the evaluation process, Human Resources will conduct the following training sessions:
Open Forum: All-campus virtual forum to discuss new format and answer questions from supervisors and employees. April 20, 2022, 10:30AM-Noon
Supervisory Training: Annual Evaluation training for supervisors. May 4, 2022, 2:30-4:00PM