About Human Resources
We make every effort to provide excellent service to the university community by using sound and effective personnel practices. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are committed to serving a diverse community of students, staff and faculty.
Our mission is to be a dedicated partner with the campus in its goal to become, and remain, one of the top five small public liberal arts universities in the nation.
We strive to provide assistance to faculty, staff, students, applicants, and visitors of the university in a timely, respectful and professional manner.
We’re Here to Help
If you have difficulty finding something, or if we can be of service to you, please contact our staff.
About the University of Illinois Springfield
US News & World Report -America’s Best Colleges has ranked UIS among the top 15 public regional universities in the Midwest for each of the past ten years.
UIS offers a number of amenities that we are sure you will enjoy.
- Students may join any of our 85+ student clubs and organizations.
- UIS is a member of the NCAA Div. II, Great Lakes Valley Conference and we offer many intercollegiate athletic teams.
- All UIS faculty, staff and student members are able to utilize our Recreational Center that offers fitness classes, workout facility, gymnasium, racket ball courts and an indoor track, along with other great features.
- UIS offers on housing for students and employees. You may choose from luxurious residence halls; townhouses- offering private bedrooms, cathedral ceilings, high speed internet and private parking lots; comfortable apartments and family housing.
- Cox Children’s Center is a 3 Star level childcare facility for ages 6 weeks -12 years that is licensed through the state of Illinois and holds voluntary accreditation through the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
UIS enrolls 5,000+ students every year for admission to one of our wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs. Our college of Business and Management which is accredited by the AACSB, a distinction earned by less than 5% of business schools worldwide. UIS offers smaller class sizes which allows for more personal instruction benefiting our students, instructors and professors. Whichever college you choose, you can be sure that your graduate or undergraduate degree will help you master intellectual and practical skills, and develop attitudes that are valuable in the workplace.
Find more information about the University of Illinois Springfield.
The University of Illinois Springfield is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer ensuring equal opportunities in programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
The Universities Civil Service System is eliminating the typing test for all of the civil service examinations. The effective date for this change is December 15. 2015. The Human Resources Office for each employer within the system will schedule civil service testing based on university/agency policies. Visit State Universities Civil Service System for more information on typing, or call (217) 206-6652.