The 49th annual UIS commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bank of Springfield Center on Saturday, May 9, 2020.
There will be two ceremonies, at 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The ceremonies will be divided by college.
- Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will participate in the 12:30 p.m. ceremony.
- Students in the College of Business and Management, College of Education and Human Services, and College of Public Affairs and Administration will participate in the 5:30 p.m. ceremony.
Tickets are not required for admission into the ceremonies.
Important Information for Graduates
All students planning to participate in commencement ARE REQUIRED to complete the following TWO steps:
- Confirm their participation by submitting the online intent to participate via this website between March 9 and March 23. This step is required, even for those students who are making special cap and gown arrangements (e.g., borrowing a black cap and gown).
- Purchase a cap and gown during the “Graduate Salute” held in the UIS Bookstore on the following dates:
Thursday, March 26 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday, March 27 – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 28 – 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Please see Important Information for All Participants for alternatives to purchasing a cap and gown at Graduate Salute.
- Commencement Letter #1 (pdf)
- Commencement Letter #2 (pdf) –
- Commencement Letter #3 (pdf) –
Special Information for International Students
Commencement information for international students (including information for inviting guests) can be found on the International Student Services website.