The 48th annual UIS commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bank of Springfield Center on Saturday, May 11, 2019.
There will be two ceremonies at 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The ceremonies will be divided by college.
Important Information for 2019 Graduates
All students planning to participate in commencement ARE REQUIRED to complete the following TWO steps:
- Confirm their participation by submitting the online intent to participate (note: the Student Commencement Participation Form will be available soon; please see Information for Students for additional information).
- Purchase a cap and gown during the “Graduate Salute” held in the UIS Bookstore on dates TBA. Peoria students are able to purchase their caps and gowns through the UIS Peoria Center. Please see Information for Students for additional information regarding “Graduate Salute.”
- Commencement Letter #1 (coming soon)
- Commencement Letter #2 (coming soon)
- Commencement Letter #3 (coming soon)
Special Information for International Students
Commencement information for international students (including information for inviting guests) can be found on the International Student Services website.