The 47th annual UIS commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bank of Springfield Center on Saturday, May 12, 2018. There will be two ceremonies at 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The ceremonies will be divided by college. Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will participate in the 12:30 p.m. ceremony. Students in the College of Business and Management, College of Education and Human Services, and College of Public Affairs and Administration will participate in the 5:30 p.m. ceremony.
Important Information for 2018 Graduates
All students planning to participate in commencement ARE REQUIRED to complete the following TWO steps:
- Confirm their participation by submitting an online intent to participate between March 5 and March 19. This form will be available soon. Only those who are eligible to participate will be able to submit their intent to participate. Even students making special cap and gown arrangements (e.g., borrowing a black cap and gown), needed to confirm participation between the dates above.
- Purchase a cap and gown during the “Graduate Salute” held in the UIS Bookstore on March 22, 23, and 24. Peoria students are able to purchase their caps and gowns through the UIS Peoria Center. Please see the Information for Students section for additional information regarding “Graduate Salute.”
- Commencement Letter #1 (pdf)
- Commencement Letter #2 (pdf)
- Commencement Letter #3 (pdf)
Special Information for International Students
Commencement information for international students (including information for inviting guests) can be found on the International Student Services website.