The 48th annual UIS commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bank of Springfield Center on Saturday, May 11, 2019.
There will be two ceremonies, at 12:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The ceremonies will be divided by college. Students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences will participate in the 12:30 p.m. ceremony. Students in the College of Business and Management, College of Education and Human Services, and College of Public Affairs and Administration will participate in the 5:30 p.m. ceremony.
Important Information for 2019 Graduates
All students planning to participate in commencement ARE REQUIRED to complete the following TWO steps:
- Confirm their participation by submitting the online intent to participate (note: the Student Commencement Participation Form will be available soon; please see Information for Students for additional information).
- Purchase a cap and gown during the “Graduate Salute” held in the UIS Bookstore on the following dates:
Thursday, March 28 – 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Friday, March 29 – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday, March 30 – 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Please see Information for Students for alternatives to purchasing a cap and gown at Graduate Salute.
- Commencement Letter #1 (pdf)
- Commencement Letter #2 (coming soon)
- Commencement Letter #3 (coming soon)
Special Information for International Students
Commencement information for international students (including information for inviting guests) can be found on the International Student Services website.