If you have family members needing a letter from the Registrar’s office to help with the Visa process, please contact them right away at REGISTRAR@uis.edu.
For information related to Springfield, please visit the website for the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau. They have created a landing page devoted specifically to UIS family and friends.
Directions to the BOS Center
BOS Center is located at 1 Convention Center Plaza, Springfield, Illinois 62701
The Center parking ramp is located at the corner of 7th and Washington streets.
Other special events are being held downtown on commencement day. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you allow extra time for heavy traffic and parking (parking information can be found below).
- Coming from the SOUTH on I-55 (St. Louis), take the 6th St. Exit (#92) to Downtown Springfield. Stay on 6th St. At Washington St. turn right. Go one (1) block.
- Coming from the NORTH on I-55 (Chicago), take the Clear Lake Avenue Exit (#98). Clear Lake Ave. merges with Jefferson St. Take a left on 7th St. Go one (1) block.
- Coming from the EAST on I-72 (Champaign), continue straight ahead on Clear Lake Ave. It will merge with Jefferson St. Take a left on 7th St. Go one (1) block.
- Coming from the WEST on I-72 (Jacksonville), take the 6th St. Exit to Downtown Springfield. Stay on 6th St. At Washington St. turn right. Go one (1) block.
Map it with MapQuest
Use Google Maps
- 7th & Adams – Located next to the Convention Center and Pres. A. Lincoln Hotel
- 7th & Monroe – Located next to Hilton Hotel
- 6th & Washington – Located below the Old State Capitol- Open 7am-7pm on weekdays, Sat. 7am-6pm, closed on Sun.
- 6th & Capital
- 4th & Washington- 24 hour access
- 7th & Monroe – Located below Lincoln Library
- Abraham Lincoln Museum – 7am – 7pm, Wed. night open until 10pm
- 4th & Washington
Note: Other special events are being held downtown on commencement day; therefore, not all parking ramps/lots may be available.
Performing Arts Center Show
While you are in town for Commencement, see a show on the UIS campus at the Performing Arts Center.
Friday, May 13 -- Trey Kennedy: The Are You For Real? Tour