- The Campus Announcement system is automated. Any email sent to email@example.com will automatically be included.
- Use descriptive subject lines in your announcement emails. The subject line forms the link people will see and base their decision on whether they want to open your message. Subject lines will be truncated at 60 characters in the email digest, and will follow Camel Case format (where the first letter of each word is capitalized; only recognized acronyms will remain in all capital letters).
- Known abbreviations have been added as exceptions – for example, department and building abbreviations (such as ITS, UHB, BRK). Additionally, two-letter words submitted in all capital letters have been added as exceptions. These will remain in all capitals letters while other words will convert to camel case. Because of this, subject lines should NOT be submitted using all capital letters. For example, a subject sent as “HERE IT IS, IF YOU ARE READY” would show up as “Here IT IS, IF You Are Ready”.
- If order for your announcement to post properly, you must have information on the subject line.
- The announcements will appear exactly as submitted; please do not include any additional instructions/correspondence.
- The deadline for each day’s announcements is 8:59am. Any announcement submitted after 9:00am will appear in the next day’s announcements.
- Emails sent using [Delay Delivery] run the risk of being skipped (i.e. not sent out) since the email send date – not the delivery date, is used for basing the decision to include an email or not (from the previous 24 hour period).
- Because the system is automated, we cannot prevent the announcement from being posted unless we are contacted prior to that day’s deadline.
- Please do not reply to Campus Announcements. Instead, please contact the originator of the announcement.
- Announcements will continue to be posted immediately on the MyUIS portal site.
- Be mindful of your target audience; if a message is relevant to a smaller group you should target them directly. For example, if your information is only useful to Academic Professionals then the announcement should be sent to their distribution list instead of the entire campus.
- If you are announcing an event or service, please be clear about what department/organization is hosting/sponsoring the event or service.
- If you add image graphics to your campus announcement make sure the images are either GIF or JPG files. All other image formats will not display correctly on the email digest and campus portal.
Official Employee Announcements
Official university announcements are sent to the UIS Employee – Official Information DL list. Every UIS employee is a member of this list and receives these official announcements in their email inbox. Due to the official nature of this distribution list, only certain University officials can send messages to this list.
Official Student Announcements
Official student announcements are sent to the UIS Student – Official Information DL. Every currently enrolled student is a member of this list and receives the official announcements in their email inbox. Due to the official nature of this distribution list, only certain University officials can send messages to this list.
UIS Academic Professionals
Every UIS Academic Professional is a member of this list and receives messages in their email inbox. Members of this list along with University officials may send messages to this list. The UIS Academic Professionals distribution list is provisioned automatically based upon data that is synchronized from Banner/EDW on a daily basis.
UIS Civil Service Employees
Every UIS Civil Service Employee is a member of this list and receives messages in their email inbox. Members of this list along with University officials may send messages to this list. The UIS Civil Service Employees distribution list is provisioned automatically based upon data that is synchronized from Banner/EDW on a daily basis.
Other Distribution Lists
In addition to the three main distribution lists discussed above there are a number of other important lists that serve large segments of the UIS community. The following is a list of other frequently used general distribution lists and the staff members that manage the list:
- UIS Business Managers DL -Annie Macon
- UIS Deans, Directors and Department Heads – Kelly Walraven
- UIS Emeritus Faculty – Monica Kroft
- UIS Faculty (this list may also include emeritus faculty, by request) – Monica Kroft
- UIS Online – Carrie Levin
- UIS Part-Time Faculty – Monica Kroft
- UIS Academic Program Support Staff – Monica Kroft
- UIS Student Organization Advisors DL – Cynthia Thompson
- UIS Student Organizations DL – Cynthia Thompson
Use of these and all other distribution lists must adhere to the UIS Acceptable Use Policy as well as other guidelines set by the list manager.
Campus departments and organizations can request new distribution lists by contacting the ITS Client Services Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).