University of Illinois Springfield senior history major Katie Brethorst spent her summer helping to unearth important historical artifacts from the site of the 1908 Springfield Race Riot, located along the 10th Street railroad tracks and Madison Street in Springfield. Brethorst interned with Fever River Research, an archaeology company based out of Springfield, which was tasked with excavating… Read More »
- UIS/NPR Illinois survey explores voter opinion on health issues, immigration, climate change, income inequality and trust
- UIS/NPR Illinois survey finds support for mental health background checks and banning assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition
- UIS/NPR Illinois survey finds a majority of Illinois voters support a graduated income tax
The Office of Campus Relations is the primary source of information for and about the campus, and the primary channel of communication between the campus and the public.
The office is responsible for news, information and media relations and the maintenance of files of FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests.
- Information on the Freedom of Information Act process
- Submit FOIA requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, the office works closely with the chancellor regarding public and media relations.