University of Illinois System President Tim Killeen announced today that he is recommending that University of Illinois Springfield Interim Chancellor Karen M. Whitney’s appointment be extended by one year. Whitney, a nationally recognized higher education leader, has served as interim chancellor since June 2020 and will continue in that capacity through June 2022, Killeen said, pending… Read More »
- UIS History professor, two alumni part of an Emmy Award-winning film shot at the site of the 1908 Springfield Race Riots
- UIS Professor Richard Gilman-Opalsky writes new book on “The Communism of Love”
- UIS student Kodi Smith honored with the Student Laureate Award from the Lincoln Academy of Illinois
The Office of Campus Relations is the primary source of information for and about the campus, and the primary channel of communication between the campus and the public.
The office is responsible for news, information and media relations and the maintenance of files of FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) requests.
- Information on the Freedom of Information Act process
- Submit FOIA requests to email@example.com
In addition, the office works closely with the chancellor regarding public and media relations.