SECA is a once-a-year voluntary campaign that allows state and university employees to donate to the charitable causes of their choice to enhance the quality of life for all. SECA supports 12 federations: America’s Best Charities, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, America’s Charities, Black United Fund, Community Health Charities, Community Shares, EarthShare, Global Impact, Special Olympics, United Negro College Fund and United Way.
State and University Employees Combined Appeal
The List of SECA Charities includes nearly 1,500 local, state, national and international charities that are participating in this year’s campaign, along with a brief description of the services provided by these individual agencies.
For questions about the SECA campaign, please contact Erica Michael at email@example.com.
The campaign kicks off on September 22, 2021 and concludes on November 17, 2021.
Message from the Chancellor:
UIS Workplace Giving Campaign
At UIS, we are United in Safety and I’m proud that our campus is taking extra precautions for the health and well-being of everyone.
The COVID-19 pandemic has provided challenges for all of us, including our community nonprofit partners, who are faced with growing unmet needs as they work directly with individuals requiring more resources than usual. As university employees, we have the opportunity to help address these rising needs in our community by participating in SECA, State and University Employees Combined Appeal, the annual workplace-giving campaign set to start Sept. 22. Participation in the campaign has been a UIS tradition for over 20 years, and I am confident our campus will rise to the challenge again this year. Community engagement is a core value at UIS, and our employees repeatedly go the extra mile through both good and challenging times.
If you are able to help financially this year, I ask for your participation in the SECA campaign to advance the remarkable work these nonprofits are accomplishing in spite of the pandemic. To maintain social distancing and prioritize safety during COVID-19, the campaign will be electronic again this year. Information about the campaign, including instructions on how to make a payroll and/or one-time gift can be found on the UIS SECA web page.
I applaud the spirit of generosity at UIS, and I look forward to a successful campaign. Thank you for your consideration.
United In Safety
Karen M. Whitney, Ph.D.
University of Illinois Springfield
How to give to SECA
- A $20 donation per pay period will help fund research to identify the chemicals in air pollution that are linked to birth defects, lung cancer and leukemia.
- A $25 donation per pay period will help create an electronic copy of a research report and make it available to environmental professionals and citizens around the world.
- A $50 donation per pay period can sponsor two classes of 15 students from underprivileged areas to a day at the zoo to see spectacular wildlife firsthand, and to gain an insight into the importance of protecting wildlife and their habitats.
- A $75 donation per pay period will purchase an elephant radio collar to be used for research in Kenya, Tanzania, and the Kazungula Heartland where elephant populations are threatened and require monitoring.
SECA Local Charities (xlsx)
The 2020 UIS Committee
- Ann Gemberling
- Jackie Gillock
- Amie Kincaid
- Pam McGowan
- Erica Michael
- Denise Rothenbach
- Aaron Stewart
The 12 participating charities
- American Cancer Society
- America’s Charities
- American Heart Association
- Black United Fund of Illinois
- Community Health Charities
- Community Shares of Illinois
- Earth Share of Illinois
- Global Impact
- Independent Charities of America
- Special Olympics Illinois
- United Negro College Fund
- United Way