SECA is a once-a-year voluntary campaign that allows state and university employees to donate to the charitable causes of their choice to enhance the quality of life for all. SECA supports 12 federations: America’s Best Charities, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, America’s Charities, Black United Fund, Community Health Charities, Community Shares, EarthShare, Global Impact, Special Olympics, United Negro College Fund and United Way.
State and University Employees Combined Appeal
The List of SECA Charities includes nearly 1,500 local, state, national and international charities that are participating in this year’s campaign, along with a brief description of the services provided by these individual agencies.
For questions about the SECA campaign, please contact Erica Michael at email@example.com.
The campaign kicks off on September 21, 2022 and concludes on November 16, 2022.
Message from the Chancellor:
UIS Workplace Giving Campaign
I am pleased to announce the start of the State and University Employee Combined Appeal (SECA) campaign, a statewide effort to raise funds for thousands of charities in Illinois and around the world. Although I am new to campus, I know that philanthropy is a core tenet at UIS and that our employees have always been extremely generous through both good and challenging times. Though the pandemic has changed how the campaign operates, SECA remains a valued tradition and a way for us to build a sense of community on campus.
Giving to charity is more important than ever. Charities often aid populations and people who would otherwise be overlooked, and they fill gaps where public programs cannot provide sufficient support. As a donor, you create opportunities for others to succeed. Donating to the causes you care about not only benefits the charities themselves, but it can be deeply rewarding for you, too. If you are able to help financially this year, I am asking for your help to make this year’s SECA campaign a success.
Information about the campaign, including instructions on how to make a payroll and/or one-time gift, can be found on this webpage. I hope you will review this material carefully and make a one-time donation or use the payroll deduction option to provide a convenient and regular source of income for your charity throughout the year.
I applaud the spirit of generosity at UIS, and I look forward to a successful campaign. Thank you for your consideration.
Janet L. Gooch, PhD
University of Illinois Springfield
A Tisket a Tasket - It's Time to Buy a Basket
SECA is sponsoring a silent auction for themed baskets from October 19th – 28th. We are expecting many creative baskets like “Chow Down Around Town,” “To HONORS and Beyond,” and “Four Seasons of Fun” among others. A link to an online bidding site with photos and detailed descriptions will be shared soon.
Veterans Day Fundraiser
In celebration of Veterans Day, SECA will sponsor a fundraiser that honors UIS employees for their service in the United States Armed Forces (USAF) and raises funds for K9 For Warriors. A thank you card can be purchased to honor a UIS Veteran or someone else who has served or is currently serving in the USAF. The cards will be displayed on bulletin boards outside of the Military and Veteran Student Services office on the lower level of the Public Affairs Center, along with photos of UIS employees participating in the fundraiser.
How to give to SECA
This form requires you to sign in with your NetID.
- A $20 donation per pay period will help fund research to identify the chemicals in air pollution that are linked to birth defects, lung cancer and leukemia.
- A $25 donation per pay period will help create an electronic copy of a research report and make it available to environmental professionals and citizens around the world.
- A $50 donation per pay period can sponsor two classes of 15 students from underprivileged areas to a day at the zoo to see spectacular wildlife firsthand, and to gain an insight into the importance of protecting wildlife and their habitats.
- A $75 donation per pay period will purchase an elephant radio collar to be used for research in Kenya, Tanzania, and the Kazungula Heartland where elephant populations are threatened and require monitoring.
SECA Local Charities (xlsx)
The 12 participating charities
- American Cancer Society
- America’s Charities
- American Heart Association
- Black United Fund of Illinois
- Community Health Charities
- Community Shares of Illinois
- Earth Share of Illinois
- Global Impact
- Independent Charities of America
- Special Olympics Illinois
- United Negro College Fund
- United Way