SECA is a once-a-year voluntary campaign that allows state and university employees to donate to the charitable causes of their choice to enhance the quality of life for all. SECA supports 12 federations: America’s Best Charities, America’s Charities, American Cancer Society, Black United Fund, Creating Healthier Communities, Community Shares, EarthShare, Global Impact, Special Olympics, UNCF, and United Way.
State and University Employees Combined Appeal
The List of SECA Charities includes nearly 1,500 local, state, national and international charities that are participating in this year’s campaign, along with a brief description of the services provided by these individual agencies.
For questions about the SECA campaign, please contact Erica Michael at email@example.com.
The campaign kicks off on September 20, 2023 and concludes on November 15, 2023.
Other Opportunities to Give
Message from the Chancellor:
UIS Workplace Giving Campaign
As we settle in to a new academic year at UIS, I am writing to invite you to participate in the State and University Employees Combined Appeal (SECA) campaign. SECA is an annual opportunity for our faculty and staff to make a meaningful difference in the lives of individuals and communities throughout Illinois and beyond. It provides an avenue for us to come together as a university and make a collective impact through charitable giving.
Over the years, UIS has prided itself on fostering a culture of service and engagement, not only within the academic sphere, but also in our broader community. SECA aligns with this commitment to service by allowing us to support a wide range of charitable organizations, addressing various issues such as education, health, poverty alleviation and environmental conservation.
Contributions to SECA can be directed to a diverse group of nonprofit organizations, ensuring that donations support causes that resonate with your values and beliefs. Whether you are passionate about supporting local United Way agencies or charities that provide assistance on a global level, SECA provides an opportunity to make a difference.
Participation in SECA is voluntary, and the amount you choose to donate is a personal decision. Every contribution, regardless of its size, has the potential to create a positive change in the lives of those in need.
Our university’s strength lies in the collective efforts of our faculty, staff and students. Thank you for considering this opportunity to give back to our community through SECA. Together, we can demonstrate the spirit of care and service that defines UIS. Your support is greatly appreciated.
Janet L. Gooch, PhD
University of Illinois Springfield
How to give to SECA
This form requires you to sign in with your NetID.
- A $20 donation per pay period will help fund research to identify the chemicals in air pollution that are linked to birth defects, lung cancer and leukemia.
- A $25 donation per pay period will help create an electronic copy of a research report and make it available to environmental professionals and citizens around the world.
- A $50 donation per pay period can sponsor two classes of 15 students from underprivileged areas to a day at the zoo to see spectacular wildlife firsthand, and to gain an insight into the importance of protecting wildlife and their habitats.
- A $75 donation per pay period will purchase an elephant radio collar to be used for research in Kenya, Tanzania, and the Kazungula Heartland where elephant populations are threatened and require monitoring.
SECA Local Charities (xlsx)
The participating charities
- America’s Best Charities
- America’s Charities
- American Cancer Society
- Black United Fund
- Creating Healthier Communities
- Community Shares
- Global Impact
- Special Olympics
- United Way