Important Notice from the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC)

  • By applying for financial aid and agreeing to share that information with the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC), you have been considered for the State of Illinois (IL) Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grant. If you were determined to meet the eligibility criteria for the MAP grant, the MAP grant will be included on your Financial Assistance Offer Notification. The MAP Grant may be an estimate made by the financial aid office and, if so, is identified as a “State of IL MAP Grant (Est)”. MAP grants are limited based on the number of applicants and funding levels appropriated by the Illinois General Assembly. Please be aware that in light of state funding constraints, reductions to estimated or actual MAP grants are possible. Eligibility for a MAP grant is tracked by the equivalent number of semester credit hours of MAP benefits paid on your behalf. This is called MAP Paid Credit Hours. Payments for each term is being made according to the equivalent number of credit hours eligible for MAP payment, with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 15 MAP Paid Credit Hours. The maximum number of MAP Paid Credit Hours that can be received is capped at 135. If the State of IL MAP Grant (Est) is not included on your Financial Assistance Offer Notification, you are not eligible for the grant at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
  • The State of Illinois MAP Grant will be reduced if you are registered for fewer than 15 credit hours in a semester.
  • You will be responsible for repaying any funds you receive that exceed your financial need, or if for any reason, you become ineligible for the financial aid. If you drop classes, withdraw, or make other academic changes, your financial aid offer may be adjusted and repayment may be required. Please contact the UIS Office of Financial Assistance prior to dropping or withdrawing from the university. It may impact your current or future aid eligibility.
  • If you stop attending classes without officially withdrawing (unofficial withdrawal), your financial aid offer may be adjusted and repayment may be required.
  • You must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
  • Two or more tuition and/or fee restricted awards may be combined, but the total cannot exceed your assessed tuition and/or fees.
  • You must work in a Federal Work-Study (FWS) position to earn the FWS amount shown on your Financial Assistance Offer Notification. FWS funds are not disbursed into your University Billing Account. You receive a pay check every two weeks, just as in any other form of employment.
  • If you are working toward a second bachelor’s degree, you may be only eligible for Federal Direct Loan(s).
  • You are not eligible for aid restricted to undergraduate students, such as the Federal Pell Grant, ISAC MAP Grant, or Federal SEOG, if you have a bachelor’s degree or if you are a graduate/professional student.
  • You will receive financial aid in two installments (one half is disbursed for fall semester; the second half for spring semester), unless otherwise noted. Disbursements are made directly to your student account.

Responsible Unit