There are two types of bulletin boards on the UIS campus: campus general information bulletin boards and department/program/unit-specific bulletin boards. The guidelines below pertain only to campus general information bulletin boards which include the outdoor directories. Guidelines for department/program/unit bulletin boards are determined by the entity responsible for them; materials should not be posted on them without prior approval.
- Posters, defined as any handbills, flyers, signs, notices, or other hand or machine-printed materials, may not exceed 78 inches (17″ by 22″) in perimeter.
- Walls and doors (that don’t belong to individual office occupants), windows, ceilings, floors, elevators, phone booths, trash receptacles, trees, light standards, permanent signs, other interior or exterior building surfaces, and similar locations are not appropriate places for posters. Posters found in such places will be removed by physical plant staff.
- The campus reserves the right to remove any materials from campus general information bulletin boards that are clearly obscene or otherwise in violation of state or federal law or city ordinances.
- Each campus general information bulletin board will contain a small sign at the top stating that the campus reserves the right to clean off the boards periodically.
- Physical plant staff will remove materials from the boards at the end of each semester; items announcing dated events will be removed after the date of the event.
A list of campus general information bulletin board locations is available from Campus Relations (PAC 565, 6-6716).