Communication Job Opportunities
UIS Leadership Lived Media and Outreach Specialist
The Media and Outreach Specialist will assist the UIS College of Public Affairs and Education (CPAE) communication team with social media, online communications, and campus and community outreach.
- They will work with the CPAE communication team in creating and scheduling posts on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- They will assist in monitoring and responding to social media messages and ensure posts and interactions maintain the UIS standards.
- They will assist the CPAE communication team in crafting newsletter articles, blog posts, press releases, and calendar event postings.
- They will assist the CPAE communication team and school directors in planning and advertising campus and community events.
- They will help in evaluating the outreach and effectiveness of social media messaging, online communications, and other outreach endeavors.
Find more information about the Media and Outreach Specialist position on the Career Connect website: https://www.uis.edu/career/careerconnect. Position Announcement Closes on 10/17/22.
The UIS Observer is the university's editorially independent, student-run digital multimedia hub, centered around campus life. The natural outgrowth of The Journal, the award-winning, longtime UIS student newspaper, the Observer features award-winning student journalism, along with podcasts, audio and video stories, digital artwork and other innovative offerings - an exciting source for valuable information by, for and about UIS students and the subjects and issues most important to them. From current events to campus happenings to cultural coverage, the Observer covers it all.
NPR Illinois is a media outlet located on the UIS Campus and is a non-profit organization focused on producing content through digital and broadcast platforms. We deliver in-depth multimedia news reports, expert analysis on statewide issues, plus informative engagement events — all upholding the philosophy and integrity of public journalism. We are seeking communications students and students with previous radio experience. Work might include editing, air announcing, sound reporting, and website posting.
Office of Electronic Media
The UIS Office of Electronic Media works with organizations and departments at UIS, as well as state agencies, to write, produce, & stream video content. Students have the opportunity to work a PAID campus position in OEM. Students will be trained to work in camera operation, directing, lighting, streaming, and other roles in video production. Advanced students will also have the opportunity to learn script writing, editing, and graphic design on projects for actual clients. OEM manages multiple types of production services, including Hybrid (in-person & Online) Zoom events, trainings, Live Sports streaming, meetings, public service announcements (PSAs), and social media/promotional content. Students studying communications/graphic design/media are preferred, but students of all majors are welcome. Training will be provided. Shifts are available as a sign-up, which allows students to fit the position to their schedule. To learn more, contact the UIS Office of Electronic Media.