Chancellor Gooch has announced the 2022-23 membership of the Chancellor’s Intercollegiate Athletic Advisory Committee (IAAC). The IAAC is chaired by Dr. Marcel Yoder and made up of faculty, student-athletes, staff and administrators of UIS. Its charge is to facilitate collaborative communication and counsel for the athletic department on matters relating to student-athlete academic welfare, academic integrity and the educational objectives of the university.
Thank you to the following individuals for serving on this important committee:
- Dr. David Bertaina, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (2-year term)
- Matt Brock, men’s basketball head coach
- Dr. Alan Freedman, College of Health, Science and Technology (1-year term)
- Sally LaJoie, Library Instructional Services (1-year term)
- Laura Liesman, director of athletics
- Dr. Elise LoBue, Capital Scholars honors program (3-year term)
- Amy Pruitt, assistant athletic director for student-athlete excellence
- Dr. Sudeep Sharma, College of Business and Management (3-year term)
- Dr. Ann Strahle, College of Public Affairs and Education (2-year term)
- Allison Thornley, associate director of athletics/senior woman administrator
- Marcel Yoder, NCAA faculty athletic representative, College of Health, Science and Technology
Membership also includes two student-athletes, who will be appointed by the student-athlete advisory committee.