Information Technology Services maintains the equipment in the classrooms across campus. The classrooms are technology rich with the tools to support students and faculty in the learning environment.
Report a problem
Please report software and hardware problems in labs and classrooms by calling the ITS Client Services Center at (217) 206-TECH or (217) 206-6000. You can also send an email to the ITS Client Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience any problems while in a classroom, you can open the “Report Issues” shortcut on the desktop or go to the Classroom Issues Form.
Technology-enhanced classrooms are located throughout the campus. These “Smart” classrooms are designed to enhance the integration of technology into the curriculum. Nearly all of the classrooms here at UIS are outfitted with this advanced technology:
- Instructor Station with Computer
- LCD Projector / Flat Panel Display
- Room Control System
- The Room Control System is an interface that allows you to turn on/off the different components in the classroom, allows you to switch between the different inputs in the classroom, and control other functions of the classroom components. These systems are available in most of the classrooms in University Hall and several other rooms across campus.
- Document Camera
- Document Cameras are available in many of the classrooms however if you need one in a classroom that does not have one please contact the ITS Client Services Center to request one.
- Classroom Microphone
- This special microphone is available for use if you are wanting to do a lecture capture, audio recording, or even video call
If there is additional software or hardware that you require for your course please request it from the Instructional Technology Request Form.
Learning Space Layouts
Teaching Computer Lab
UIS students, faculty, and staff have access many computer labs across campus, including our open access computer lab in the University Hall Building [UHB 2000] and the Media Lab [BRK 180] on the first level of Brookens Building. The labs are available for use by all current UIS students, staff, faculty.
Learning and Teaching Labs
- BRK 141B [22 workstations]
- BRK 413 [24 workstations]
- HRB 111 [35 workstations]
- HSB 109 [52 workstations]
- PAC 493 [29 workstations]
- UHB 2025 [30 workstations]
- UHB 2028 [24 workstations]
- UHB 2030 [50 workstations]
- VPA 54 [20 workstations]
- WUIS 12 [30 workstations]
UIS students will be allotted $25.00 in printing funds per calendar year. The $25 credit will be added to the student’s Pharos printing account the first time his or her i-card is swiped at a Pharos print station. The $25 credit can only be used for printing services and cannot be used in other areas where i-card payment is accepted. The $25 credit account, which will be displayed at the Pharos station, is labeled UIS Technology Fee. Black and white prints are $.10 per page, and color prints are $.25 per page.