Each year students from countries throughout the world make the University of Illinois Springfield their first choice in quality education. If you are an international student interested in joining our campus, begin the process with the Office of Admissions.
We congratulate you on your decision to study at the University of Illinois Springfield and wish you the very best academic and interpersonal experiences while you are here. We hope you are as excited about joining us as we are to have you! Now that you’re admitted, you can begin preparing for your voyage the United States and getting everything in order for a successful semester. Not sure where to start? Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
How to Prepare
Study in the United States
- One of your best sources of information about everything related to study in the United States is the EducationUSA center located in your own country.
- Study in the States is a great website for prospective and current international students looking for information about obtaining a student visa and maintaining status.
- If you would like to do even more preparation uStudy.us has prepared a series of courses: Before You Leave, While You’re Abroad, and Once You Return that cover much of what you will need to know about coming to the US for study and returning home afterwards.
Designated School Official (DSO)
At schools authorized to receive international students, Designated School Officials are chosen by the school as official representatives to the US government and authorized by the government to issue F-1 class non-immigrant student visa-related documents. Schools may name up to ten DSOs. UIS has named:
- Rick Lane, email@example.com (PDSO) - Students with Surname/Last Name T-Z
- Rachael Matingi, firstname.lastname@example.org - Students with Surname/Last Name C-K
- Tracy Rakes, email@example.com - Students with Surname/Last Name L-N
- Joel Short, firstname.lastname@example.org - Students with Surname/Last Name A-B
- Jolene Vollmer, email@example.com - Students with Surname/Last Name O-S
Each government-approved school must choose one DSO who will be responsible for all the DSOs at the school, who will maintain the official government records for international students, and who is authorized to make changes in the DSO team. At UIS the PDSO is Rick Lane.