This page combines commonly sought services available through ISS, as well as off-site links to help you navigate your transition to the US and life as an F-1 student.
- Forms houses commonly used resources for reporting requirements for newly admitted students, maintenance of F1 status as a current student, as well as OPT and STEM documents.
- Address Updates are required of every F-1 student within 10 days of moving. Make sure you are aware of your reporting responsibility for maintaining your status.
- Reduced Course Load refers to any student taking less than is required to meet full-enrollment standards (12 credit hours for undergraduates and 9 for graduate students). Reporting a reduction in full-enrollment is required prior to the start of the respective semester.
- Program Extension is an option for students who will not complete their academic program by the date listed on their initial form I-20. If you require an extension, review the eligibility requirements and the process to apply for an extension.
- Transfer Information is available for students looking to transfer in, or out, of UIS. Please be aware of the procedures in place to assist with the transfer of your SEVIS record.
- Change of Level refers to any student changing to a new degree level on their Form I-20
- Authorized Early Withdrawal may be used in circumstances where a student must drop all courses and allows a student a 15 day grace period to depart the U.S. with no negative implications for the future.
- Express Mailing Service is a resource available to students requiring mailings from ISS, including important immigration documents required by your visa status.