F-1 Student Advising
A primary function of the Office of International Student Services is to provide international students advising related to immigration laws and regulations. This page organizes information specific to your F-1 status and helps to clarify your responsibilities and the assistance our office offers international students.
- Visa Information includes obtaining an initial F-1 visa, change of status, dependent visas, and more visa related needs.
- Maintaining Your Status walks you through the important steps you must take as a student in order to ensure you remain “in-status.”
- Form I-20 provides a general overview of the purpose of this document and as well, explains circumstances in which a new form I-20 is required.
- SEVP, SEVIS, Recordkeeping, and Reporting is a guide to the responsibilities of the DSOs (designated school officials) at UIS. Here you will find information on what the reporting requirements are for each F-1 student.
- Intensive English Program (IEP) students must consult the Office of International Student Services for all F-1 visa matters.