Santo Domingo & Samaná, Dominican Republic
Related Course: UIS will offer a 3-credit course in Summer 2024 - Global Inequality (SOA 480)
Faculty Leading the Program: Dr. Lesa Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Program Duration: 4 Weeks, with 2 weeks abroad.
- Semester Dates: June 3 - June 29, 2024
- Tentative Dates of Travel: June 10 - June 21, 2024
- Study Away Program in Santo Domingo & Samaná, Dominican Republic will entail:
- One week introduction and engaging with reading
- Two weeks engaging in art and history tours, community service, dance lessons, and beach time.
- A focus on current business & health functions of historical racial identity formation in the conflicts between the DR & Haiti
- Learn how local and global racial and gender inequality works today in the Dominican Republic as a reflection of historical racialized events.
- Last week back in the U.S., with a writing workshop about experiences and reflections.
Learn more by visiting the Dominican Republic Study Away Program flyer (includes a tentative program schedule).
Additional Program Information:
- All expenses, lodging, meals (except for a few lunches), local and international travel, and entrance fees are included in the program fee (tuition and university fees are not included in the program fee).
- Anticipated the program fee is approximately $4000, dependent upon international airfare.
- The program will be limited to a maximum of 10 students.
Contact Study Away Program if you have questions or need more information.