Study Away Programs has established student exchange programs with several International Partners.
Incoming Exchange Application Process
Students from these universities who are interested in studying at UIS for a semester or for a year should contact their home university's international office to initiate the application process.
Once nominated by the home institution, students will need to complete the Exchange Student Application and the UIS Non-Degree Seeking Application. In addition to the form, students will need to submit the following using the Submission of Additional Documents webform or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- An official transcript of your academic record
- A letter from your home institution nominating you as an exchange student (if not already sent to Study Away Programs)
- A TOEFL test score or the equivalent if your first language is not English
- A financial aid affidavit confirming sufficient funds for the term of study. The approximate costs for room and board for one semester are $5500.
- A photocopy of your passport information and signature pages.
Once admitted to UIS, exchange students will be issued a “Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status” form – the DS2019 – which will be used to apply for a J-1, exchange visitor visa. Information on this process may be found in the links in the center panel.
- UIS Fact Sheet
- Exchange Student Application
- Submit Required Documents
- Exchange Visitor Visa (J-1) – This is a US Dept. of State website. You will click on the Government Visitor Link and then on the link for university students for more information.
- Housing – All exchange students are required to live on the UIS campus
- Meal Plans
- Course Registration