Japanese Language and Culture
Ashikaga, Japan 2024
Related Course: UIS will offer a 3 credit course (UNI 460) in Summer 2024.
Faculty Leading the Program: Professor Peter Shapinsky (email@example.com)
Program Duration: Two weeks in June, 2024.
Program Tentative Schedule:
- Instruction in Japanese language and culture on the campus of the Ashikaga University (AU), UIS sister university in Japan.
- Experiences Range from the Historical to the Contemporary. Each day will also include educational field trips:
- The Mayor’s Office and City Hall
- The Civil Engineering Dept. and Environmental Studies Program at AU
- The Ashikaga Gakko, the oldest university in Japan
- The Bannaji Buddhist Temple
- A farm or factory
- Multiple public schools
- The Nikko Nature Preserve & Shinto Temple complex
- Trip to Tokyo
- Participants will also be able to experience
- Japanese martial arts
- flower arranging
- Buddhist meditation
- a tea ceremony
- Japanese cuisine
- Learn more by visiting the UNI 460 Ashikaga 2024 Program flyer.
Additional Program Information:
- Lodging will be in a combination of hotels, guesthouses, and homestays.
- All expenses, lodging, meals (with the exception of a few lunches), local and international travel, and entrance fees are included in the program fee (tuition and university fees are not included in the program fee).
- It is anticipated that the program fee will be approximately $3800, dependent upon international airfare.
Contact Study Away Program if you have questions or need more information.
Pictures from Previous Years: