International Faculty Overview

The Study Away Programs is part of the Office of Engaged Learning, a unit of Academic Affairs, which handles matters relating to hosting and employing foreign nationals .

NOTE: F-1 visa holding student matters are not handled by this office. For information concerning international students on F-1 visas at UIS, contact the Office of International Student Services.

Services include:

  • advising campus units and international visitors on all aspects of non-immigrant and immigrant status;
  • preparing immigration documents, such as applications to obtain, extend, or change non-immigrant status;
  • and processing applications for permanent resident (green card) status.

The staff serves as a liaison between UIS and such government agencies as the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Department of Labor and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.