A study away experience with an institution that is not recognized as a UIS affiliate.
A Study Away experience with an institution that is not classified as a UIS affiliate.
- Tuition/Fees: Host Institution (UIS tuition/fees will be waived).
- Curriculum created by host university.
- Students study with other university students.
- Financial Aid may apply but Federal Aid is unavailable.
- Travel scholarships available based on student’s eligibility.
- Travel Arrangements: Student’s responsibility.
- Learn more about the UIS Non-Affiliate Independent Experiences.
- Find a study abroad program that best matches your academic and travel interests.
- Endless opportunities - go anywhere!
- ECCE: Global Experience Program – UNI 480 (credit hour range: 4-18).
- Qualifies for ECCE Engagement Experience, ECCE-Global Awareness (undergrad students only) or general elective for all students.
- UIS student in good academic standing.
- Host university’s requirements as applicable.
- Out of pocket travel, living, & accommodation expenses.
- Independent student search.
- Request OEL personalized assistance to search/locate study away location beyond what’s currently offered.
How to apply/ register
- Complete affiliate applications/forms required by host university as applicable.
- Meet with SAP director.
- Complete SAP application by deadline.
- Submit all required documents.