Short-term (2-8 weeks) study away experience led by UIS faculty. Typically scheduled during the summer term or intersession periods.
Short-term (2-8 weeks) study away experience led by UIS faculty; typically, summer term or intersession breaks.
- Tuition/Fees: UIS Range.
- Curriculum created by UIS Academic Program instructor.
- Financial Aid eligibility depends upon student’s financial aid award.
- Travel scholarships available based on student’s eligibility.
- Travel Arrangements: SAP program.
- Learn more about faculty-led short-term programs.
- Travel for shorter period alongside friends and classmates.
- Trips centered around a specific field or topic allowing you to learn while experiencing what you’re learning.
- Great way to create a global network, make new connections and meet diverse individuals and groups.
- Increased fluency in another language and develop a broader cultural perspective and understand of thoughts and opinions.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
- ECCE: Global Experience: Topic Varies – UNI 460 (3-12 credit hour range) OR
- UIS Academic Department hosting experience -course offering (credit hour range varies).
- Qualifies for ECCE Engagement Experience, ECCE-Global Awareness (undergrad students only) or general elective for all students.
- UIS student in good academic standing.
- Host academic department specified prerequisites as applicable (varies on selected program).
CURRENT FACULTY-LED SHORT TERM STUDY AWAY OPPORTUNITIES
- Ireland/England (Immigration/Human Trafficking), August 2022
- Japanese Language and Culture in Ashikaga, Japan – Summer 2022 – Cancelled
- Environmental Policy in China (with UIUC and UIC) – Summer 2022 – Cancelled
- Taiwan – summer 2022
How to apply/ register
- Meet with SAP director.
- Complete SAP application by deadline.
- Submit all required documents.
Summer 2022 Deadlines
Final Deadline for Summer 2022: March 1st, 2022.
Note: Where student interest in a program is high, there is a possibility that a program may fill before the final deadline of March 1st. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Additionally, in order to be eligible for study abroad, scholarships application material needs to be submitted to Study Away Programs by Feb. 7th.