UIS has developed short-term, UIS faculty-led, study away programs in Japan, Nicaragua, Jamaica, Mexico, China, Botswana, Australia, Poland, Greece, Germany, Canada, Romania, Italy, China/Korea/Japan, Thailand, Brazil, Cuba, Rome/Malta, The Gambia, Ghana, Vietnam, Taiwan and The United Kingdom. Offerings vary year to year depending upon faculty interest. Short-term (2-8 weeks) study away experience led by UIS faculty. Typically scheduled during the summer term or intersession periods.
Short-term (2-8 weeks) study away experience led by UIS faculty; typically, summer term or intersession breaks.
- Tuition/Fees: UIS Range.
- Curriculum created by UIS Academic Program instructor.
- Financial Aid eligibility depends upon student’s financial aid award.
- Travel scholarships are available based on student’s eligibility.
- Travel Arrangements: SAP program.
- ECCE: Global Experience: Topic Varies – UNI 460 (3-12 credit hour range) OR
- UIS Academic Department hosting experience -course offering (credit hour range varies).
- Qualifies for ECCE Engagement Experience, ECCE-Global Awareness (undergrad students only) or general elective for all students.
- Travel for shorter period alongside friends and classmates.
- Trips centered around a specific field or topic allowing you to learn while experiencing what you’re learning.
- Great way to create a global network, make new connections and meet diverse individuals and groups.
- Increased fluency in another language and develop a broader cultural perspective and understand of thoughts and opinions.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
- UIS student in good academic standing.
- Host academic department specified prerequisites as applicable (varies on selected program).
How to apply/ register
- Meet with SAP director.
- Complete SAP application by deadline.
- Submit all required documents.