Resources & Training
To support UIS faculty, staff, and student research, we provide resources, facilities, tools, and training materials. Workshops designed especially for students can be found on the Student Research and Scholarship Support website. Specific topics, such as Human Subjects Research and the Responsible Conduct of Research are also available. In addition, the staff of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs are available for classroom visits and workshops.
- Training/Grant Writing
- Other Resources
- National Science Foundation Virtual Resource Center
Powerful search engine based on your research profile. Provides information on funding resources for research. Accessible only to University of Illinois students, staff & faculty. For full access, create an account by clicking on Sign Up and using your UIS email to connect to our institutional account.
The White House Office of Management and Budget has mandated that all 26 Federal agencies post their competitive grant opportunities here to facilitate ease in locating grants as well as downloading and submitting applications. Managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the aim of this site is to eventually become the central repository for federal grant information.
To view the latest news and information on the government grant system, follow their blog.
- In addition to posting on grants.gov, NSF has updated their website to include Funding Opportunity Search
- To apply for an NSF grant, contact email@example.com to help you set up a profile on Research.gov.
- In addition to posting on grants.gov, NIH funding opportunities are available at https://www.nih.gov/grants-funding.
- To apply for an NIH grant, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to help you register with eRA Commons and to use grants.gov Workspace or NIH ASSIST.
Please note that the NEH Summer Stipend is an individual application, so a START myResearch entry is not required; however, a nomination from the applicant’s dean is required with the submission of application materials. The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is available to assist faculty set up a grants.gov (eRA) account. Please submit an application by the internal deadline of Wednesday, Sep. 8th at 5 p.m.
Additional offices at UIS can assist with finding funding sources:
- Checklist for Proposal Planning and Review
- Overview of general elements to plan, budget, and review an external grant application
- UIS Budget Template_FY2022 (fringe rate = 40.37%)
- Current UIS Budget Template
UIS subscribes to the powerful Qualtrics survey software. View the ITS website for details.
UIS is part of the University of Illinois Campus Cluster, a massive computing resource.
Conflict of Commitment and Interest
New policy went into effect July 19, 2018.
COCI Policy and training session schedule