UIS enhances students’ educational experience and encourages their success and professional development by providing some support for student research. Funding is typically intended to help offset expenses such as research supplies and travel to present research projects or papers at professional conferences. A good first step is to talk to your advisor or faculty mentor. Also, UIS supports student’s academic success through various initiatives such as the Learning Assistant Program.
- Research and scholarship support for undergraduate students
- Research and scholarship support for graduate students
- Research and scholarship support for online students
- Consider presenting your results at the annual Student Technology, Arts, & Research Symposium (STARS)
- Undergraduate Research Mentor Award
- Learning Assistant Program
Check out our Resources page for training and other opportunities.
Share your research or creative activities by completing the Student Research Highlights form.