Do you travel overseas to:

  • Attend conferences?
  • Present papers?
  • Conduct research or do other University of Illinois business?
  • Do you help make arrangements for university employees who do any of the above?

If so, we’ve got a supplemental resource page that can be printed or saved as a guide. The resource page highlights key points and provides points of contact and links to federal resources and your university’s policies so you can get your questions answered.

Please keep in mind that all requests for off-campus travel by staff/administrators in the Division of Academic Affairs must be authorized in advance. Please use Chrome River to request pre-approval. The purpose of travel pre-approval is to reduce risk to the individual and to the institution by clearly identifying when the employee is in work-related travel mode and when the employee is on personal time.

Questions regarding travel requests should be directed to your supervisor.