UIS is committed to research integrity. The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs provides resources to assist faculty, staff, and student researchers affiliated with the University of Illinois Springfield with meeting research compliance requirements.
Boards and committees providing research oversight at UIS include the following:
- Instructional and Research Safety Board, which helps coordinate all the research safety programs below
- Institutional Review Board (IRB), which oversees human subjects research
- Institutional Committee for the Care and Use of Animals (ICCUA), which governs research dealing with animals
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC), which governs activities related to recombinant DNA or other bio-hazardous materials
- Laboratory Safety Committee, which oversees the Chemical Hygiene Plan and the Bloodborn Pathogens Exposure Control Plan
- Research Board