The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs resides within the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Institutional approval of external proposals, including grant applications, sponsored program contracts, intergovernmental agreements, memoranda of understanding (MOUs), etc.
- Internal controls and reporting for externally-funded projects
- Implementation of University of Illinois research-related policies, including:
- Conflict of Commitment and Interest
- Intellectual Property (including Patents and Copyrights)
- Academic Integrity in Research and Publications
- Review of protocols involving human subjects in research
- Review of protocols involving animals in research
Please follow the links at the top for more information on these topics.
Staff are available to make presentations to classes and faculty meetings on topics such as proposal preparation, identification of funding sources, and use of human subjects in research. For more information, please contact us.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
If you would like to meet in person or via Zoom please contact the staff members.
PAC Building, Room 520
Research & Sponsored Programs
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza, MS PAC 525
Springfield, IL 62703
Phone: (217) 206-7409
Fax: (217) 206-7623