Faculty Research & Support
The University of Illinois Springfield provides support and recognition for excellence in faculty scholarship, including:
- Internal faculty grant opportunities
- Resources for grant writing and finding funding, including prestigious Fellowships.
- Assistance with proposal development and submission for internal and external funding
- An annual Faculty Scholarship Recognition event and a list of the prior year’s scholarly achievements
Spring 2020 Faculty Scholarship Series announced.
- The Discovery Partners Institute (DPI) of the University of Illinois held the 2020 Seed Grant Funding competition. Proposals were due May 29, 2020. Prepare now for the 2021 application round. DPI’s Center for Urban Resilience and Environmental Sustainability, a system-wide interdisciplinary initiative, invites investigators to join them.
Internal Faculty Grant Winners
Berman Sabbatical Fund
Donna Bussell, Associate Professor of English
Moy Collaborative Research Fund
#UISedu Associate Professor Stephen R. Johnson and @SIUSOM Associate Professor Julio A. Copello have been awarded the Caryl Towsley Moy, Ph.D., Endowed Fund for Collaborative Research Grant to conduct innovative heart disease research.
Grant Writing Mentorship program
|Amirreza Niakanlahiji (CSC)||Haadi Jafarian
|Automated Discovery of Interoperability Vulnerabilities in Applications|
|Yun Zhao (ENS)
Yanhui Guo (CSC)
|Tih-Fen Ting (UIS)||Automatic Environmental Monitoring Using Unmanned Ariel Systems (UAS) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)|
Competitive Scholarly Research Grant
|Bjorngaard, Brytton||Visual Arts||Letterpress Studies: Development of Skills, Press Restoration, Creative Work, and Studio Manuals.|
|Guo, Ping||Computer Science||Artificial Intelligence-Aided Mobile AuxiliaryTool for Alzheimer’sCaregiving|
|Hanson, Anne-Marie||Environmental Studies||Evaluating Litter Prevention Strategies on Lake Springfield|
|Kang, Youngjin||Human Services||“I wish my divorced parents disclosed their dating relationships to me differently.”|
|Lively, Joshua||Environmental Studies||Ecosystem change in the Western Interior Seaway: environmental context for the origin and diversification of mosasaurs|
|McEuen, Amy||Biology||Tallgrass prairie succession and enhancing growth of tallgrass prairie forbs*|
|Oktay, Sibel||Political Science||Who Counts as an Ally in International Relations? An Experimental Study|
|Styles, Megan||Environmental Studies||Hemp Dreams: Illinois Farmers’ Experiences Cultivating a Novel Crop|
*Funding provided by the Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon