Workers’ Compensation – Procedures and Responsibilities
The Workers’ Compensation Program is administered by University Risk Management. Please refer to the links below for more detailed guidance, i.e., procedures, workplace notices, reporting. Please remember that in order to return to work, you must submit a release from your health care practitioner confirming you are cleared for duty.
- University Risk Management – Workers’ Compensation Overview
- Workers’ Compensation Policies
- Procedures and Responsibilities
- Reporting Your Injury
- Supervisor Checklist
- Regarding student workers who are injured on the job: A student worker who is injured during work should seek medical attention off-campus at a facility of their choosing. Even though they are students, they should NOT be directed to Campus Health first.
- Regarding emergency transport after an injury: If picked up on-campus by ambulance, the medical personnel on board should not be attempting to determine where to take someone based on their insurance. The injured employee should be sent directly to the nearest emergency facility.
Injury Reports and all accompanying medical bills need to be filed with:
Office of Workers’ Compensation and Claims Management in Urbana, IL
Please work with UIS Human Resources contact to ensure all appropriate documentation is delivered.
HR contact – Ceitha Steele
Phone: 217-206-7020 or 217-206-6652
A copy of all injury reports must be submitted by the supervisor involved to: