Workers’ Compensation – Procedures and Responsibilities

UIS sign on campusThe Workers’ Compensation Program is administered by University Risk Management. Please refer to the links below for more detailed guidance, i.e., procedures, workplace notices, reporting.  Please remember that in order to return to work, you must submit a release from your health care practitioner confirming you are cleared for duty.

  • Regarding student workers who are injured on the job: A student worker who is injured during work should seek medical attention off-campus at a facility of their choosing. Even though they are students, they should NOT be directed to Campus Health first.
  • Regarding emergency transport after an injury: If picked up on-campus by ambulance, the medical personnel on board should not be attempting to determine where to take someone based on their insurance. The injured employee should be sent directly to the nearest emergency facility.


Injury Reports and all accompanying medical bills need to be filed with:
The Office of Workers’ Compensation and Claims Management
449 Henry Administration Building – M/C 300
506 S. Wright St.
Urbana, IL  61801

A copy of all injury reports must be submitted by the supervisor involved to:
Ravneet Chhokar
Safety Officer

Temporary Transitional Work Program (Returning Employee to Work)

Still need assistance with the forms or guidance?
Contact the Office of Human Resources (217) 206-6652 for assistance.

After submission of initial Injury Reports to Workers Compensation and the UIS Health and Safety officer, contact Ceitha Steele for all follow-up questions and forms.


UIS Employee Contact for Help with Forms: