Office of Human Resources
People make the place at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). UIS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, select, and develop a diverse community of people that are talented, passionate, and driven. UIS provides an intellectually rich, collaborative, and intimate learning environment where students, faculty and staff support each other and our academic and extracurricular endeavors, while serving local, regional, state, national, and international communities. Find more information about UIS.
From May 17, 2021 through August 13, 2021, the Office of Human Resources will be open 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday – Thursday and from 9:00am to 4:00pm on Fridays. The office will be open for walk-in traffic during operating hours and staffed at approximately 50% capacity. If you need to schedule a meeting with a specific member of our staff, please contact the staff member directly by clicking the hyperlink above. Phone calls and email messages to the office will continue to be answered remotely when we are not in our offices. If you need assistance with a COVID related leave, please email email@example.com.
- Diversity Recruitment Resources
- HR Guidance During COVID-19
- For information specific to COVID-19, visit the UIS COVID-19 website.
- Guide to Remote Access – Keep Working
- Resources for Remote Work and Remote Supervision
- Employee Rights Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Information on Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- FFCRA Leave Forms
- Employee Assistance Program
- IDPH Workplace Health and Safety Guidance
- Working Titles for Civil Service Positions
- Shared Benefits (Information and Make a Donation)
Human Resources Building HRB 30
Phone: (217) 206-6652
Fax: (217) 206-7145
Modified Office Hours:
Monday – Friday
10am – 2pm
- Congratulations to Jamie Weber, our 2019 Employee of the Year
- Congratulations to Patty Stoutamyer and Kara McElwrath, our 2020 CAPE and CARE award winners!
- University Calendar
- Reminder about Inclement Weather, Liberal Leave, and Essential Services policies
- 1098-T and other student tax and billing information may be found in the UIS Customer Service office PAC 184 or by calling (217) 206-6727
Why Employees Choose UIS
- Employees of UIS may choose from a number of competitive health insurance plans, a dental plan, flexible spending plans, several types of term life insurance, long term disability insurance, supplemental investment programs and additional optional offerings.
- Employees and their children may also be eligible for tuition waivers.
- UIS provides sick time, shared benefits leave, vacation time, floating holidays, several paid holidays and other opportunities to take time away from work when necessary.
- Employees are also protected by a university-funded workers’ compensation program.
- Get to Know Springfield
- Employee Non-Monetary Benefits
We hope you will join our University of Illinois educational leadership lived experience.
News You Can Use
- Alternate Compensation Policy Rev 9 2018 (PDF)
- STAY SAFE- Sign up to receive campus emergency alerts (RAVE) UIS-Alert Emergency Notification System sign up
- Some positions may be exempted from the Civil Service Classification System. A new procedure to define the exemption process has been adopted by SUCSS. Exempted positions are called Academic Professionals at UIS.
- Employee W-2 information may be found in the Payroll and Benefits office BSB 85 or by calling (217) 206-7144
Links to Other University Of Illinois HR Resources