Office of Human Resources
People make the place at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). UIS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, select, and develop a diverse community of people that are talented, passionate, and driven. UIS provides an intellectually rich, collaborative, and intimate learning environment where students, faculty and staff support each other and our academic and extracurricular endeavors, while serving local, regional, state, national, and international communities. Find more information about UIS.
Why Employees Choose UIS
- Employees of UIS may choose from a number of competitive health insurance plans, a dental plan, flexible spending plans, several types of term life insurance, long term disability insurance, supplemental investment programs and additional optional offerings.
- Employees and their children may also be eligible for tuition waivers.
- UIS provides sick time, shared benefits leave, vacation time, floating holidays, several paid holidays and other opportunities to take time away from work when necessary.
- Employees are also protected by a university-funded workers’ compensation program.
- Employee non-monetary benefits
We hope you will join our University of Illinois educational leadership lived experience.
Human Resources Building HRB 30
(217) 206-7145 Fax
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Holiday Schedule FY19 (PDF)
News You Can Use
- Alternate Compensation Policy Rev 9 2018 (PDF)
- University Calendar
- Reminder about Inclement Weather, Liberal Leave, and Essential Services policies
- 1098-T and other student tax and billing information may be found in the UIS Customer Service office PAC 184 or by calling (217) 206-6727
- STAY SAFE- Sign up to receive campus emergency alerts (RAVE) UIS-Alert Emergency Notification System sign up
- Some positions may be exempted from the Civil Service Classification System. A new procedure to define the exemption process has been adopted by SUCSS. Exempted positions are called Academic Professionals at UIS.
- Employee W-2 information may be found in the Payroll and Benefits office BSB 85 or by calling (217) 206-7144
Links to Other University Of Illinois HR Resources