Office of Human Resources
People make the place at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). UIS is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, select, and develop a diverse community of people that are talented, passionate, and driven. UIS provides an intellectually rich, collaborative, and intimate learning environment where students, faculty and staff support each other and our academic and extracurricular endeavors, while serving local, regional, state, national, and international communities. Find more information about UIS.
Why Employees Choose UIS
- Employees of UIS may choose from a number of competitive health insurance plans, a dental plan, flexible spending plans, several types of term life insurance, long term disability insurance, supplemental investment programs and additional optional offerings.
- Employees and their children may also be eligible for tuition waivers.
- UIS provides sick time, shared benefits leave, vacation time, floating holidays, several paid holidays and other opportunities to take time away from work when necessary.
- Employees are also protected by a university-funded workers’ compensation program.
We hope you will join our University of Illinois educational leadership lived experience.
Human Resources Building HRB 30
(217) 206-7145 Fax
News You Can Use
- Alternate Compensation Policy Rev 9 2018 (PDF)
- University Calendar
- Policy Change information for sick leave and funeral leave
- 1098-T and other student tax and billing information may be found in the UIS Customer Service office PAC 184 or by calling (217) 206-6727
- STAY SAFE- Sign up to receive campus emergency alerts (RAVE) UIS-Alert Emergency Notification System sign up
- Some positions may be exempted from the Civil Service Classification System. A new procedure to define the exemption process has been adopted by SUCSS. Exempted positions are called Academic Professionals at UIS.
- Employee W-2 information may be found in the Payroll and Benefits office BSB 85 or by calling (217) 206-7144
- Congratulations to John Crouch on being awarded UIS Employee of the Month for September! Congratulations to all of our nominees. You set a great example for UIS!
- UIS’ Ramirez wins national coaching award
University of Illinois Springfield baseball coach Chris Ramirez has been named the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association NCAA Division II Coach of the Year.
UIS qualified for its first ever Midwest Regional, won a record 47 games to nine losses, claimed its first GLVC regular-season title and earned its first national ranking. The Prairie Stars set the program record for conference wins with a 23-1 mark on their way to finishing at the top of the GLVC East Division. In the Division II national polls, they were No. 2 in the Collegiate Baseball rankings, No. 4 in the NCBWA poll and No. 5 in the Perfect Game rankings. During the regular season, UIS posted a 29-game win streak.
Ramirez was also the GLVC Coach of the Year and NCBWA Midwest Region Coach of the Year.
- Faculty honors awarded this year:
- Benjamin Walsh (Management) — University Scholar
- Holly Kent (History) — Pearson Award for Outstanding Teaching
- Ranjan Karri (Management) — Spencer Award for Exemplary Service
- Lan Dong (English and Modern Languages) — Award for Faculty Excellence
- Layne Morsch (Chemistry) — Burks Oakley II Distinguished Award for Online Teaching
- Yona Stamatis (Music) — inaugural Harry and Deborah Berman Sabbatical Award
- Staff leadership awards including:
- James Koeppe, Director of Campus Recreation — CAPE Award for Outstanding Performance by an Academic Professional
- Krystal Wilson, Catering Supervisor — CARE Award for Excellence in Civil Service
- Jason Gibson, Building Service Supervisor — UIS Employee of the Year
- Outstanding student leaders and organizations have also earned recognition this year including:
- Hannah Warden, Good As Gold Award for outstanding volunteerism
- Rosie Dawoud, SGA Outstanding Committee Person of the Year
- University Bible Fellowship, Student Organization of the Year
Links to Other University Of Illinois HR Resources