Information and instructions about this process can be found below. We hope that this process is an easy one for you! If you have any questions, please contact the Residence Life Office.
All students in good standing (academically, behaviorally, and financially) will have the opportunity to participate in the housing contract renewal process.
If you forget or fail to complete the online housing application form, we will presume that you will not be residing on campus and your space will be reallocated. Residents who fail to reserve a space during the prescribed dates will lose their opportunity to be assigned before new applicants.
Timeline for Room Selection
|Application/Contract Launch||Wednesday, February 15 at 4:00pm|
|Information Sessions (Join using Zoom link)||Monday, February 27 at 4:00pm-5:00pm|
Thursday, March 2 at 10:30am-11:30am
Tuesday, March 7 at 1:00pm-2:00pm
|Information Sessions (Join in person!)||Wednesday, March 1 at 4:00pm-5:30pm at LRH Lobby|
Monday, March 6 at 1:00pm-2pm at Student Union
|Application Deadline – Specialty Housing (CAP, LLCs, GIH, Family)||Tuesday, March 7|
|Application Deadline – Non-Specialty Housing||Thursday, March 16|
|Room Selection Access Times Posted**||Thursday, March 23|
|Room Selection Access Period||Thursday, April 6th - Friday, April 7th|
|**These dates are applicable to students who did not apply for Specialty Housing and submitted by 3/16.|
Room Selection Access Times will be available March 23, 2023.
The Summer Housing Application/Contract will be available April 1, 2023 at 4 PM.
Please see our Summer Housing page for more information!
Information of Interest
- Honors Students – all 1st and 2nd year Capital Scholar Honors’ students are required to live in the Residence Halls and may not be considered for other living accommodations, unless approval is provided by the Administration of the Capital Scholars Honors Program.
- Second Year Returning Students (Sophomores – SYRI) – Spaces have been reserved for soon to be sophomores in Founder’s Residence Hall.
- Upperclassmen – these students have various options to choose from in the coming academic year: East Campus Apartments, West Campus Townhouses, and Family Housing (students with a domestic partner, spouse, and/or dependents).
Cancellation Deadlines for Housing Applications and Contracts
If you submit an online application/contract for the Fall semester and change your mind before April 30, 2023, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you wish to cancel your application/contract. Once you do this you are no longer bound to the contract – unless you are a residency required student (Second Year/Sophomore student).
If you submit an online application/contract for the Fall semester and change your mind after you have completed the SelectRoom process, you must meet the criteria for cancellation according to the electronically signed terms and conditions of the Housing Contract. The cancellation criteria is listed on the Cancellation Request Form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Residence Life: email@example.com or 217-206-6190.
Reassignment Request Forms
If you wish to be reassigned to a different space, please fill out one of our Reassignment Request Forms. These forms are only valid for students who have an active contract for the current Academic Year. If you are an incoming Freshman, Transfer student, Returning student and/or Graduate student with a current assignment, please fill out the Reassignment Request Form. If you are a rising Sophomore/ SYRI student and wish to request to live in the townhouses for the upcoming Fall semester, please fill out the SYRI Reassignment/ Space Change Request Form. Please keep in mind that this is a request, NOT a guarantee. We will do our best to honor all requests if space permits. Both forms are Google Forms, therefore, you must be logged into your UIS Google Account to be able to access them. All requests will be reviewed on a weekly basis after June 1st. Please note, you will NOT be contacted prior to being reassigned. Reassignment requests cannot be canceled once they are accommodated, as your previous space will be immediately utilized for other reassignment requests.
- Reassignment Request Form – For current/incoming students who wish to switch roommates, or request a space change.
- SYRI Reassignment/ Space Change Request Form – For rising Sophomores/SYRI students who wish to request to live in the townhouses.
- The Reassignment Request forms will NOT be available until after June 1st
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Residence Life.