Timeline for Room Selection
|Thursday, February 1 at 4:00pm
|Information Sessions (Join in person!)
|Tuesday, February 27 at LRH 3:00pm-6:00pm
Thursday, February 29 at FRH 3:00pm-6:00pm
Monday, March 4 at LRH & FRH 3:00pm-6:00pm
Tuesday, March 5th at Union 11:00am-1:00pm
Wednesday, March 6th at Union 11:00am-1:00pm
Thursday, March 7th at HCOM 8:30am-5:00pm
|Application Deadline – Specialty Housing (LLCs, GIH, Family)
|Thursday, March 7
|Application Deadline – Non-Specialty Housing
|Thursday, March 14
|Room Selection Access Times Posted**
|Thursday, March 21
|Room Selection Access Period
|Thursday, March 28 - Friday, March 29
Information of Interest
- Honors Students – all 1st and 2nd year Capital Scholar Honors’ students are required to live in the Residence Halls and may not be considered for other living accommodations, unless approval is provided by the Administration of the Capital Scholars Honors Program.
- Second Year Returning Students – Spaces have been reserved for soon to be sophomores in Founder’s Residence Hall.
- Upperclassmen – these students have various options to choose from in the coming academic year: East Campus Apartments, West Campus Townhouses, and Family Housing (students with a domestic partner, spouse, and/or dependents).
Cancellation Deadline for Housing Application/Contract
If you submit an online application/contract for the Fall semester and change your mind before April 30, 2024, you can email email@example.com to let us know that you wish to cancel your application/contract. Once you do this you are no longer bound to the contract – unless you are a residency required student (Second Year/Sophomore student).
If you submit an online application/contract for the Fall semester and change your mind after you have completed the room selection process, you must meet the criteria for cancellation according to the electronically signed terms and conditions of the Housing Contract. The cancellation criteria is listed on the Cancellation Request Form.
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Residence Life: firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-206-6190.
Reassignment Request Forms
If you wish to be reassigned to a different space, please fill out one of our Reassignment Request Forms. These forms are only valid for students who have an active contract for the current Academic Year. If you are an incoming Freshman, Transfer student, Returning student and/or Graduate student with a current assignment, please fill out the Reassignment Request Form. If you are a rising Sophomore/ SYRI student and wish to request to live in the townhouses for the upcoming Fall semester, please fill out the SYRI Reassignment/ Space Change Request Form. Please keep in mind that this is a request, NOT a guarantee. We will do our best to honor all requests if space permits. Both forms are Google Forms, therefore, you must be logged into your UIS Google Account to be able to access them. All requests will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis after June 1st. Please note, you will NOT be contacted prior to being reassigned. Reassignment requests cannot be canceled once they are accommodated, as your previous space will be immediately utilized for other reassignment requests.
- Reassignment Request Form – For current/incoming students who wish to switch roommates, or request a space change.
If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Residence Life.
- You are not required to fill out the online application if you do not intend to return to campus housing.
- Current first year students are required to renew their contract based on the current residency requirement. Rising second year students who do not complete an application/contract will be automatically assigned if an exemption request is not received and approved.