Housing Options for Family Housing

Family residents are assigned to either one-bedroom furnished apartments or two-bedroom apartments and may request furnished or unfurnished apartments depending on availability. Due to the size of the units, occupancy is limited to no more than three persons in a one bedroom apartment and no more than four persons in a two bedroom apartment. In family housing, keys will be issued to the person signing the contract. Parents may request up to two additional sets of keys to be used by their spouse or children over the age of twelve.

Child care is available on campus for toddlers and children from 18 months to 12 years of age, and school buses transport children from campus to the local public schools, located within the Ball Chatham School District.

Domestic Partnership Documentation Requirements

Family Housing residents who are not legally marriedmust provide appropriate documentation to establish their domestic partnership through the demonstrated existence of at least three (3) of the following items* to fulfill the required evidence of a committed relationship (in order to demonstrate joint responsibility of each other’s common welfare and shared financial obligations) at the time of submission of the application/contract:

  • Active Domestic Partnership Agreement registered in another jurisdiction (legal document obtained from an attorney)
  • Joint mortgage or lease
  • Designation of domestic partner or beneficiary for life insurance purposes
  • Designation of domestic partner or beneficiary for retirement death benefit purposes
  • Designation of domestic partner as primary beneficiary in employees will, or of student in domestic partner’s will
  • Durable property and/or health care powers of attorney
  • Joint ownership of motor vehicle
  • Joint checking account or credit account
  • Driver’s license with the same address provided at the time of submission of the application/contract

*The list above may not be all-inclusive.  Exceptions to this list may be requested in writing to the Director of Residence Life; honoring such a request is subject to the discretion of the Director or designee.

Additionally, all Family Housing applicants with Domestic Partners must submit the Domestic Partnership Declaration Form (pdf) to the Department of Residence Life at the time of submission of the application/contract.