Getting to Campus
- Driving Directions to the University of Illinois Springfield
- If traveling by train, the Springfield Amtrak Station code is “SPI”.
- Routes through Springfield include “Illinois Service” and “Texas Eagle”
When You Arrive
- All students checking into their units will report to the Housing Commons (HCOM – #20 on the campus map) to check-in and receive their keys. All students must present their i-Card and/or photo identification when checking in. Students will then be directed to their Summer Assignment where they will be able to begin unloading.
- Moving Carts will be provided during check-in, however, there will be not volunteers to help students unload their vehicles. There are limited Moving Carts available and are distributed on a first come first serve basis.
- Room Condition Inventories & Keys – At check-in, students will receive a Room Inventory and Keys for their spaces.
- The Room Condition Inventory is a standardized form that denotes the current state of the room upon inspection by the Resident Assistant. All students are highly encouraged to review the information and inform their Resident Director of any omissions or alterations within 48 hours of check-in. After the 48 hour period residents may be held responsible for any discrepancies during check-out. When checking in, students will sign and receive a copy of their Room Inventory.
- In the Apartments and Townhouses, residents will receive a front door key, bedroom key and mailbox key.
- Residents are responsible for their keys at all times, and may be asked to produce these keys by Residence Life Staff at any time.
People you will meet
- Summer Resident Assistants – full-time students who serve as community builders, first responders, role models, mediators, and so much more! These staff members reside in the same area/floor that you do, and work to foster a safe and secure living & learning environment.
- Summer Resident Director – full-time professional, live-in Academic Professional staff member that provide day-to-day administration, management, and staff supervision of the Summer RA Staff.
- Summer Resident Director – 217.206.6190
- Resident Director – TBD
For Summer Checkout Information, please reference our Move-out web page.
|Wednesday, 5/24/23||Transition Day – Located in HCOM – Receive keys to Summer assignment and begin moving|
|Tuesday, 5/30/23||Summer Transition Moves must be complete by noon|
|Thursday, 5/21/23||Submit Express Checkout for Spring 2020 assignment with keys by 5pm|
|Monday, 5/29/23||Memorial Day; University Holiday – HCOM Closed|
|Friday-Saturday, 6/2/23-6/3/23||Move-In (New Applicants ONLY)|
|Monday, 6/5/23||Summer Classes Begin|
|Saturday, 7/29/23||End of Summer Semester|