The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs resides within the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
This office has primary responsibility for:
- Institutional approval of external proposals, including grant applications, sponsored program contracts, intergovernmental agreements, memoranda of understanding (MOUs), etc.
- Internal controls and reporting for externally-funded projects
- Implementation of University of Illinois research-related policies, including:
- Conflict of Commitment and Interest
- Intellectual Property (including Patents and Copyrights)
- Academic Integrity in Research and Publications
- Review of protocols involving human subjects in research
- Review of protocols involving animal subjects in research
Please follow the links at the top for more information on these topics.
Staff are available to make presentations to classes and faculty meetings on topics such as proposal preparation, identification of funding sources, and use of human subjects in research. Contact us for more information.
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. To 5:00 p.m.
If you would like to meet in person or via Zoom please contact the staff members.
Lucía Vazquez, PhD
Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation
Phone: (217) 206-8112, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Research Administration
Phone: (217) 206-7409, Email: email@example.com
Program Coordinator, Sponsored Programs
Phone: (217) 206-8578, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants and Contracts Coordinator
Phone: (217) 206-7849, Email: email@example.com
Holly Van Lyssel
Grants and Contracts Associate
Phone: (217) 206-6558, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra Help, Sponsored Programs
LLE Student Worker Assistant
- PAC Building, Room 520
- Mailing Address:
Research & Sponsored Programs
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza, MS PAC 525
Springfield, IL 62703
- Phone: (217) 206-7409
- Fax: (217) 206-7623
- Email: email@example.com