UIS is partnering with Global Brigades for a virtual community service project in several locations around the world.
For the fall 2022 semester, the project will include working with a community in Honduras. UIS students will be engaged with a community contact and community association
in the project location and will work with them in the areas of health care and education.
- Initial focus is on undergrad students.
- Qualifies as ECCE engaged experience /elective (undergraduate students) or general elective requirement.
- Learn more about Global Brigades.
- Students will gain transferable professional skills in community development, service, organization and fund raising.
- A virtual international experience.
- Global Brigades experience hopes to expand to include a study travel program when travel opens up fully.
- An enhanced resume setting you apart from others.
- ECCE: Internship Applied Learning – IPL 300 (2-12 credit hour range) OR
- Tutorial-IPL 499 (1-12 credit hour range: ECCE credit ineligible).
- UNI 460 (topics in short term faculty led programs (1-8 credit hour range)
- Prerequisites vary by academic major but typically require completion of at least 3 core courses.
- Must be related to field of study.
- Independent student search/created project.
- Request OEL personalized assistance to search/locate projects.
How to apply/ register
- Complete project course application before start of semester once project has been defined.